How to Design a Forum on Wordpress

Mika

Madly Diligent
5000+ Posts Club
Dec 16, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
If you want to develop a forum yet are confused about how to develop a forum with the traditional forum scripts, WordPress is the best option. WordPress is a content management system that can be used to create any kind of site including forums.

Before I begin let me assume that you already have a self hosted wordpress website.

Now, lets begin.

Wordpress site can be customized to kind of website through plugins. You need to add specific plugins to add specific functionality. Here are some plugins that can help you create wordpress website with a forum functionality.

bbPress: bbPresss is the best forum software for wordpress website. Install the plugin, create categories and subcategories and you are ready to go.

wpForo: This forum software for wordpress has more than 30 thousand installs and 285 5-star ratings. This is also a good forum plugin

Asgaros: This is my favorite and the easiest of all forum software.

Presently I'm doing an online class to sharpen my graphic skills, I have found it very fun and rewarding.

Always reading your articles on web design, wordpress and related matters I think it will be good to try them out right after the one I have on my plate, from time back I have been voracious for knowledge, I will try it out
If you want to develop a forum yet are confused about how to develop a forum with the traditional forum scripts, WordPress is the best option. WordPress is a content management system that can be used to create any kind of site including forums.

Before I begin let me assume that you already have a self hosted wordpress website.

Now, lets begin.

Wordpress site can be customized to kind of website through plugins. You need to add specific plugins to add specific functionality. Here are some plugins that can help you create wordpress website with a forum functionality.

bbPress: bbPresss is the best forum software for wordpress website. Install the plugin, create categories and subcategories and you are ready to go.

wpForo: This forum software for wordpress has more than 30 thousand installs and 285 5-star ratings. This is also a good forum plugin

First, you’ll need to sign up for a web hosting account. This is where you will store all the files for your online forum.You’ll also need a domain name. This will be your website’s address on the internet and what users will type in their browsers to find your online forum.

Simply log in to your WordPress admin area and go to Plugins » Add New . Search for bbPress and then select bbPress from results. Install and activate the plugin. Upon activation, you will see the welcome screen for bbPress.

he first step after the plugin has been activated is to create the main page where your visitors will be able to access the forums. You can do this in two ways and I’ll walk you through both of them.The first method involves creating a parent forum called Forums or whatever name you prefer, and then adding it to your main navigation menu.

Simply log in to your WordPress admin area and go to Plugins » Add New . Search for bbPress and then select bbPress from results. Install and activate the plugin. Upon activation, you will see the welcome screen for bbPres

Presently I'm doing an online class to sharpen my graphic skills, I have found it very fun and rewarding.

Always reading your articles on web design, wordpress and related matters I think it will be good to try them out right after the one I have on my plate, from time back I have been voracious for knowledge, I will try it out
While forum plugins on wordpress may not be able to create a versatile forum just like the normal forum scripts, therefore, wordpress forum may not be able to create a forum like Bizdustry, however, if you have a business website and you want to create a forum for your site, instead of using traditional forum script, you can use wordpress plugins which are relatively easy to use.

1.)Get the bbPress Plugin enabled.
2)Go to your WordPress dashboard Plugins > Add
New, then check for bbPress to install the plugin.
3)Establish a Platform
for the Latest.
4)To Introduce Themes
to The Forum.
5)Link Your Forum
to Your Website.
6)Get your Working the
Way You Like Forum.

Get an activated bbPress Plugin.
Go to your Plugins > Add WordPress dashboard
Fresh, and then check bbPress to install the addon.
Set up a Forum
The New.
To incorporate topics
Toward the forum.
The forum connect
About Your Website.
Get the working one for you
Forum the way you want.

Enter your website name. Select a unique name for your forum website that can help your business stand out.
Add preferred features to your website. Build a great forum website without any coding.
Launch your website. Test your forum website and launch it.

he first step after the plugin has been activated is to create the main page where your visitors will be able to access the forums. You can do this in two ways and I’ll walk you through both of them.The first method involves creating a parent forum called Forums or whatever name you prefer, and then adding it to your main navigation menu.
When you add forum plugin on your wordpress website, the plugin will be activated on a folder, for example, yourwebste.com/community where community refers to your forum. You have a choice to make forum your main page or let it remain on a folder. You will then have to create category threads.

Designing an online marketplace also called an e-commerce requires a lot of expertise. It is website that is full of varieties and can not be designed anyhow. It is important that an expert handle it because of the financial transactions that will be involved. One can use WordPress to design it and include all the features of an online marketplace in it.

I think that this is a very interesting topic to bring up here. Stuffs like this could help others who are hoping to setup something similar. Personally I do not have prior knowledge on word press so am glad to learn.

Even though I do not have a forum built on wordpress at this moment, I have operated a forum built on wordpress for a long time. If you want a forum and do not know much about how to use forum scripts like mybb or xenforo, try wordpress.

I did not know it was so easy to design a forum on wordpress. Looks like wordpress is not just a site that can be used as a blog, we can also use wordpress to create online communities and a lot of other kind of websites.

The majority I'd the forum sites which I have seen were either built with bb press or with xenforo but I think with this I would look around to see if they are worthy alternative.

It is now too obvious that you are definitely a WordPress fan. Going by the number of valuable tutorials you've been giving us here all centred on WordPress, one would have thought you're a staff of WordPress lol!!

Now, lets begin.

This is for this members in this platform who have their own forum as well. But as for we that we don't have one I hope we all could learn one or two things in this thread as well.

I wish some examples of forums created on wordpress were shared here. If I could see what the forums made on wordpress looked like I could compare them with regular forum scripts.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back