What's new

How to delete files and folders that are locked from being deleted!

Chandler

Apr 18, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I ran into the issue of having a folder locked on me. I couldn't delete it at all. So I looked it up and found a few articles and such.

Here is an example of what I ran into.
After reading through this I tried this and other methods using command prompts and nothing worked. Turns out what worked for me was to right-click on the folder and I used 7 zip to archive the folder and told it to delete it after it was archived.

Super strange but I wanted to post this link in hopes that this discussion will help others down the road.

This article had all of the methods in it. When I tried the archive and delete method it worked for me.

Again this discussion is just simply to direct you all to that link. That first link is the first thing to pop up when googled. So I am hoping that people will see this when they need it

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Chandler, to remove the files and folders that are locked you need to use Windows recovery. To do that you are supposed to Switch the computer off and insert the windows re-installation disc into the disc drive.Then turn the PC on, and allow it to boot. Now put the computer into the recovery console mode and then in the recovery mode, go to the location of the locked file utilizing the Command Prompt. For example, an instruction suc as cd C: Documents Settings My Documents filename . The pattern given in this example should be followed trying the directory of the locked file to be removed. After locating the file, it can be deleted by typing in del and to leave the recovery mode. Write the command exit and start the computer again. For further information try https://appuals.com/delete-locked-files-and-folders-in-windows-10/ now.

This is a very nice topic to discuss about as we face this one time or another while using our system.. It is really interesting deliberating on different topics from different people of different classes. From the comments above I think I can try my hands to see what works. Thanks for sharing.

Try running the delete as an administrator so that your system can use it. or you try unlocking it by using the password used to lock it then you remove the lock system on it and your work and it may work

Alright thank you for sharing this with us,I have been hearing about cases like,just to delete folder but it's giving problem.

Use the Command Prompt
Or, press the Windows key and R to bring up the Run.. box and type cmd.exe and press Enter. Type “del” or “ren” into the prompt, depending on whether you wish to delete or rename the file, and hit space once. Drag and drop the locked file with your mouse into the command prompt

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back