What's new

How SAFE is to BUY Online using Credit Card?

Deleted member 403

How safe is it to pay for goods and services using a credit card online? What can you do to avoid scams? I would recommend only using a credit card for known retailers, like Google or Amazon, and using the likes of PayPal for anything else.

I agree with this, only use trusted stores if you wish to use online credit card payment in online stores, personally I would opt for another option if I am not sure such store can be trusted.

Personally I don't really like to shop online with my credit cards, as I don't have confidence in many sites. The times that I have had to do it I have done it with Paypal in which I have confidence, for its security measures.

How safe is it to pay for goods and services using a credit card online? What can you do to avoid scams? I would recommend only using a credit card for known retailers, like Google or Amazon, and using the likes of PayPal for anything else.
I have been buying online using credit card since 2019 and I have never been duped or scam, but the onlything you can do to avoid getting scam is to only patronize the legit site, don't just use your credit card on any site without knowing it authentication.

That's a good question. There is this popular sport betting websites that save your card details and make it prone to be used by hackers. Until recently, they correct this bug and make an individual to choose wether to save their cards or not.
Post automatically merged:

That's a good question. There is this popular sport betting websites that save your card details and make it prone to be used by hackers. Until recently, they correct this bug and make an individual to choose wether to save their cards or not.

I do not own credit cards and I do not want to own them for now. I personally prefer using online payment processors to make payments. Online payment processors like PerfectMoney are one of the best options to pay and they are safe as well. I have heard that credit cards are not safe when it comes to shopping online and the reason might be that your credit card information can get leaked and you don't want that to happen, right?

It's relatively safe, at least I've used my Master card on sites like AliExpress and Jumia shopping malls without any issues, as you said it's better to stick to the known online brands.

Concerning how safe it is to buy online using credit card. Well, it is totally safe when you buy from a known and legit retailer or online store. I go scammed a time like that when a friend of mine used my credit card on one ad promo that came across my screen, I got a debit alert the following week without buying anything, I had to block the card to get another one. Buy from trustworthy stores and your money will be safe

We really should be very careful where we use our credit cards online. Tou should be sure that these platform where you intend to use your cards on are legit

I don't like exposing my credit card or debit card online. I always try to use pypal, even when I do not have a balance on my paypal I will use my card through paypal which secures my card information.

Online market is vulnerable. If we expose our credit/debit cards anyhow we'll lose our money to anonymous men. That's why it is good to order from a popular and renowned online stores like google, Walmart, Amazon etc.

Concerning your question on how safe is it buy goods or pay for stuff online using your credit card, I would say that how safe it is depends on the site you want to buy something from, is it a trusted site and not just some scam that will take your money

One has to be extra careful when using your credit cards to pay for goods and services online. Measures that needs to be put is place is not to use it on websites that are not trusted or that has a lot of complains from past users.

Well the answer rely's on the medium at which the credit card is used...i mean the security level of the medium. How secure it is

I quite insecure and overprotective with my credit card and buying something online with my credit card would mean supplying personal credit card information.

I have never used cards to make purchase online. I always fund my online wallet with a bank deposit or card deposit and use the wallet funds to make purchase.

If you are not so sure about the online platform you're intending to buy from with your credit card, then buy with it at all. And if they'll see your entire card details on such platforms after you have entered it, go and block that card

It is actually safe to pay for goods online with your credit card from established companies and businesses as these organisations has fraud prevention to safeguard against any hacking attempts on your credit card.

Its very safe and not till the third party platform you are buying from starts demanding for your credit card secret information. Then you could tag that as scam

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back