What's new

How old is too old to work?

It depends on the person's situation. Some people, for instance, don't get dementia as they get older. Anyway, I'd like to do math tutoring way into old age, as I'm more than likely not getting Social Security. I hope my brain is still in good shape, anyway, of course.

What is the age limit someone should be allowed to work to? I know some people like to retire around 65-70 or so. But what age is too much? Should you allow someone to work up to 80, 90? etc
As long as they still have the skills and are of sound mind, I'd say any age. I know a few doctors still working well into their 80's. And many elderly people that are doing great and looking great for their age, when asked how they are living such a long, healthy life, usually one of the first things they say is, "Keep working, even if you cut your hours. Don't retire."

Although in my country it is legal to work until the age of 70 if the person wants as far as I know, there are many people who skip this law and continue working even all their lives, there are many people who cannot live without working and will continue to do so all their lives, as long as you want to work, got energy and you are not sick, I honestly don't think there is a specific age.

Although in my country it is legal to work until the age of 70 if the person wants as far as I know, there are many people who skip this law and continue working even all their lives, there are many people who cannot live without working and will continue to do so all their lives, as long as you want to work, got energy and you are not sick, I honestly don't think there is a specific age.

Indeed, there are so many people who work a lot. I have seen plenty of older people working harder till their old age. They are really old and they have blue collar jobs. It is not that surprising because they have to work as the economy is so bad.

A person should be allowed to work as long as they wish to work. A person does not grow old mentally as long as he has an active lifestyle.

What is the age limit someone should be allowed to work to? I know some people like to retire around 65-70 or so. But what age is too much? Should you allow someone to work up to 80, 90? etc

Never in my life would my business keep an open door for someone who's 80 years or 90 years of age to still be working for me. There's no way their level of productivity is going to be the same thing with someone who's in their 20's.

Working can be good to keep the brain healthy. Plus you have to think about the fact that it keeps them busy, and sometimes moving about for exercise. I see Walmart greeters that look to be in their 80s and up. Good for them!

In my home country, 60 years is the retirement age for employees, especially government employees. Once you reach 60 years you will be retired and survive with a pension. However, in the private sector, you can work for longer, provided your employer thinks you are doing well and helping the company with your expertise. I believe you can work as long as are mentally and physically fit to work. There shouldn't be any law that prohibits you from working as long as you are perfectly healthy individual.

In my home country, 60 years is the retirement age for employees, especially government employees. Once you reach 60 years you will be retired and survive with a pension. However, in the private sector, you can work for longer, provided your employer thinks you are doing well and helping the company with your expertise. I believe you can work as long as are mentally and physically fit to work. There shouldn't be any law that prohibits you from working as long as you are perfectly healthy individual.

60 years of age is also what is required for someone to retire in my country as well but most of the people that are working in the government Ministries always have their age falsified so that they will not retire and leave the job for new people to be employed which is something that is very frustrating.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back