What's new

How Often Does Your Bid Gets Selected On Freelancing Sites?

I have never tried bidding for jobs on freelancing sites like Upwork. I don't really like the idea of bidding for a project. I used to work for an online writing site where writers just click on a button to claim a writing project. The competitive environment drove that site to change its platform into one where writers now have to bid for a job. I saw one familiar topic two weeks ago and tried to bid for the first time. I lost the bid though and it reinforced my opinion about bidding.
So in this case that means freelancing is not really as easy as most people always painted it to be I most especially for people with a low rating... So does it really mean that newbie cannot succeed as a freelancer nowadays ?

Actually, freelance platform is one of the platforms one can make some good money as there are so many task to do there with some good pay, but it is rather unfortunate that they don't accept all countries but just tier 1 to tier 3 countries are given much earning priorities while other tiers are paid peanuts. And this could be very discouraging.

Well I will really have to try but for now I am not yet a freelancer, but very soon I will, I will either be a graphic designer or a writer, both of them at the most suitable for me although writing sometimes sometimes can be stressful if you have a lot of offers.

There are many freelancing sites out there but the amount of work available on those sites vary every day and this might cause many problems for those people who bid for projects. I think Upwork could be a great option because it might have more work available as compared to some other platforms and you could get your bid selected there.

There are many freelancing sites out there but the amount of work available on those sites vary every day and this might cause many problems for those people who bid for projects. I think Upwork could be a great option because it might have more work available as compared to some other platforms and you could get your bid selected there.
I don't really know much of other freelancing platform except Fiverr and Upwork.. according to a lot of people with they said that there is real answer but I don't really have much idea about it but my main focus will be on Upwork just like you said... Are you a freelancer. ,,?

I don't really know much of other freelancing platform except Fiverr and Upwork.. according to a lot of people with they said that there is real answer but I don't really have much idea about it but my main focus will be on Upwork just like you said... Are you a freelancer. ,,?

Yes, I am a freelancer, but right now I am not working on any platform right now. I am only providing pre-written content to customers. I always make sure that I deliver the highest quality articles to people. Upwork has gained a lots of popularity and now it seems that it is also becoming competitive just like Fiverr.

Yes, I am a freelancer, but right now I am not working on any platform right now. I am only providing pre-written content to customers. I always make sure that I deliver the highest quality articles to people. Upwork has gained a lots of popularity and now it seems that it is also becoming competitive just like Fiverr.
As long as you have a good writing skill then you should consider joining all this freelancing platform now, at least joining the platform now I can guarantee you greater success in the future than to join it later, don't you think so ?

As long as you have a good writing skill then you should consider joining all this freelancing platform now, at least joining the platform now I can guarantee you greater success in the future than to join it later, don't you think so ?

Right now, I am not focusing on article writing because of various other activities. However, I will consider creating my own website because I can medium-quality articles.

Right now, I am not focusing on article writing because of various other activities. However, I will consider creating my own website because I can medium-quality articles.
I would have also like to have a website but I don't really know if website is really profitable because I need something at least to be able to make a constant income, is it possible to make up to $5 every day from running a website ?

I would have also like to have a website but I don't really know if website is really profitable because I need something at least to be able to make a constant income, is it possible to make up to $5 every day from running a website ?

Even I have also been wondering about this. I think your website must have many advertisements with a really great CPM rate and then you will be able to make a good income. I am not sure how CPM rates work and I think we would need to ask about how the websites pay their members when they display ads. I mean do they pay people when people view one ad a thousand times or all ads on your page a thousand times? As far as I know, many people earn more than $5 per day by creating their blog or website.

Even I have also been wondering about this. I think your website must have many advertisements with a really great CPM rate and then you will be able to make a good income. I am not sure how CPM rates work and I think we would need to ask about how the websites pay their members when they display ads. I mean do they pay people when people view one ad a thousand times or all ads on your page a thousand times? As far as I know, many people earn more than $5 per day by creating their blog or website.
The thing is really complicated. I don't really understand what you mean by CPM ,I think you should use the full meaning so that I can have some understanding about it.. well I should I consider to do my own personal research on everything concerning blogging.

I personally do not have a first hand experience, but I have got friends who told me it is really difficult getting selected because the freelancing sites are saturated.
The competition in the freelance marketplace is much higher and this make it pretty much difficult for new sellers to get sales on time. this is the reason why new sellers are advised to drive traffic from social media to their gig in order to make sales.

A good topic indeed for people who frequent freelancing sites because its hardly difficult to get your bid selected and approved due to many bid that at even better than yours.
That's a very very good topic. I know that sooner than later, great minds would come and share fantastic ideas.
But in my time of working on a freelance site like upwork, your cover letter is what matters the most.
I got selected the very first job I applied for on upwork then.

I have had some tough time with freelancing sites. Even the lower bid jobs doesn't suit me for some reason , may be it is due to the low work or experience I have got.
Freelancing seems to be tough, it needs a lot of information and knowledge, I think if you devote your time about learning all the necessary process you will learn everything about it.

Freelancing seems to be tough, it needs a lot of information and knowledge, I think if you devote your time about learning all the necessary process you will learn everything about it.
Before you go into freelancing you need to have trust and be honest and allow your thought to be positive then your bid will be selected at good row if the service you offer is of valueable to people so build your skills and have good profile then selection is never the issue

Freelancing can be a really wonderful way to make some extra cash and even some people are making full-time income just by working as a freelancer on many different kids of platforms. However, one of the most diificult aspect of freelancing is to get you bid selected when you apply for a job. I am sure that many people in here do work as a freelancer on many different kinds of freelancing sites that require you to bid on projects. So, often does your bid gets selected when you apply for a job?
I haven't even been selected for a job offer on a freelancing site before. A site like fiverr.com is very competitive, you see a lot of people with the same skill vying for one job offer. A lot of people do not stand that chance.

I haven't even been selected for a job offer on a freelancing site before. A site like fiverr.com is very competitive, you see a lot of people with the same skill vying for one job offer. A lot of people do not stand that chance.

Indeed Fiverr, is very competitive and this is why I no longer intend to work there. Getting your bid selected could be really challenging. The same goes true for Fiverr. There was a time when Fiverr was good.

The competition rate is very high and this has made it practically impossible for me to even get a bid even for once. That is why I am reconsidering my options and focusing on other earning schemes available.

It can be very hard to experience high rate of bid acceptance if you are in competition niche in freelance Marketplace. This is the reason why it is very difficult for a newbie to make sales in freelance marketplace except when they drive traffic from the external source.

The competition rate is very high and this has made it practically impossible for me to even get a bid even for once. That is why I am reconsidering my options and focusing on other earning schemes available.

I am thinking what would have happened if there were no earning platforms such as paid to post forums. right now paid to post forums are my only source of earnings. I think there should be more revenue sharing websites where people could also start making money. We should not rely on Bidding websites only.

I am thinking what would have happened if there were no earning platforms such as paid to post forums. right now paid to post forums are my only source of earnings. I think there should be more revenue sharing websites where people could also start making money. We should not rely on Bidding websites only.
One thing you dont know is that biding website can enable you to earn more compare to forum work,for instant if you are working with upwork or have a skills you are selling on fiverr dont you think once your bid get selected and approve you can make what you use to made on working on four forum a day,but forum posting is one of the best work to get started and we can also learn alot from here

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back