What's new

How often do you update your website layout?

BrolySSJ

The Legendary Super Saiyan
5000+ Posts Club
Dec 23, 2020
USD
$-0.1000USD
Biznotes
When it comes to a website there are changes that should be made on the website in terms of the layout and i feel that this is an important part of any design or website that is being operated, because this will give you a fresh look to the website and people tend to respond to this when they see that there are changes because it does not become boring and mundane. How often do you update your website layout, and what do you use to decide on the changes?

Some people change their website’s layout every few months, and some keep the same layout for several years. Though embracing technological changes is a wise move, still changing your website’s layout too soon, especially when you don’t maintain the same URLs, can cause damage to your search engine ranking.

My main blog, I have updated it 4 times in the last 8 years. My main forum, I have only updated once. I like to find something and stick with it when possible. Once members are used to something looking a certain way, change becomes more of a hassle.

My main blog, I have updated it 4 times in the last 8 years. My main forum, I have only updated once. I like to find something and stick with it when possible. Once members are used to something looking a certain way, change becomes more of a hassle.
That is true and i do understand what you are saying because people may start to get confused however do you not feel that at the same time that it can become boring as well?

That is true and i do understand what you are saying because people may start to get confused however do you not feel that at the same time that it can become boring as well?
After a while, it can be but you can do minor refreshers without changing the entire theme. Even a simple color change is enough to make it look fresh. I like to add user details as well such as colored group bars and things of that nature to keep things fresher.

I definitely do agree with you on this and i think that if you are able to change the color it can be great. On some forums users can do this themselves and i do it to change up the look while i am on there.

Yeah and you can make use of seasonal theme changes or animation features. I have one that will display an animation of snow, rain, fireworks, etc. on whatever holiday it is. It is fun to spice things up now and then that way too.

It is definitely a good option as giving new fresh view of your website always good. Your visitor will feel something fresh. Many webmasters changes layout every few months.

I think that having some sort of animation on the website can be very helpful as well as you have mentioned here because it does provide a different feel when you are active on the website and as a result it can be quite encouraging to certain people.

I think most people do enjoy it as well. I just wish there were more plugin options for it. I know the one on Xenforo can be customized. I have done it myself but it is limited. I would love a more complex and customizable option.

I think that for something on the more complex scale then you have to try and perhaps code the entire website yourself because then you are able to try and build up everything from scratch and customize it how you want to.

Yeah that or pay someone to code a plugin for me but I don't think a lot of people offer those services, for cheap anyways. I would rather invest in stand-alone-code than just some plugin that I may not use in the future if I switch away.

Paying someone can be a good idea because if you are paying someone then you can make sure that you are happy with teh outcome and if not they will have to change it according to your specifications as well.

Yeah but like I said, if I change to something else in the future, the plugin would be useless for me. To spend that kind of money on a platform, I would have to be in it for the long haul.

Definitely. Anything that would require that much of an investment would need to be looked at as a long term business opportunity, otherwise you will not see a return.

Update is usually dependent on how the market is going and the recent changes that have been going on in the market as well. It is also slow and steady instead of just bringing everything at once.

Updating the website each and every time could confuse and even irritate your visitors. This is why I would never recommend anyone to do it in an excessive manner.

I try and update my website often but try not to change the actual layout as that could make some people angry since they are used to a simple design and new changes could confuse them

I try and update my website often but try not to change the actual layout as that could make some people angry since they are used to a simple design and new changes could confuse them

Changing website layout may not not an easy job, especially if you are not a tech savvy. You may need to get the help of a website developer who could do that for you.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back