Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I'm just curious mostly, but how often do you raise your rent on your tenants? Like do you raise the rent every year, few years, decade? I know with prices going up on everything as of late, I can see a lot of landlords raising prices due to that. Has that happened to you?

I think it'd be crazy to raise the rent every year. So, maybe every 5-10 years is a good timeframe to raise prices? Or do you prefer to raise them a lot sooner than that?

Rent is something that is supposed to be competitive and in line with recent economic happening so this is exactly what is going to be happening with all my rental properties.

In terms of being the real estate realtor, you can rise the amount to pay for a rent is based on the rise the economical sector in that locality and when you renovate your structure.

It's really good to raise the rent every year and you should let them know whenever you want to do such in your house, so that them will know on time is very important to inform they on time before taking it to action.

Rent can be raised when there is high cost living due to inflation, like when the landlord is now high cost of water bill, light bill e.t.c, but on a normal ground, it should not be increased every year.

Raising rent is not a bad idea, I think the only best way to do that is when things are very expensive, in that case that's the only best way to increase your rent as a landlord or landlady.

I think it will really sound insane of you when you continue to raise your house or tenant rent every year. At least it should be done after 4 to 5 years better.

House rent should be raised when there is an innovation or change in economy. High demand for it can also be a factor but it won't be nice on tenant presently renting.

I think house rent should not be raise most often but should based on time,needs and season. most especially when there is need for development which may increase the value of the house.

Unless the price of things goes up or you plan to do phase lifting of or renovation of the house, I don't see any need to increase house rent. House rent should only be increase If what the tenants are paying is not realistic in the current economy. Some landlord don't know anything than price increment. And they will not spend the money on the school.

Me raising the rent often will show I have no sympathy. I was once a tenant and know how I got to meet up with paying rent in a highbrow city. Like you said if there's no need, I wouldn't raised the fees.

There's not supposed to be how often house rent should be increased or decreased. House is already established asset, rent price should be fixed and not increased except when renovated.

The inflation is global and almost every now and then the cost of living is always increasing.
It would be better to raise it in say after 2-3yrs .

I don't own a property, I live in a rented apartment. My landlord raises rent every two years and it is usually 5-10 percent. Based on the inflation rate in the country, I think training 10 percent rent can be considered understandable.

I'm just curious mostly, but how often do you raise your rent on your tenants? Like do you raise the rent every year, few years, decade? I know with prices going up on everything as of late, I can see a lot of landlords raising prices due to that. Has that happened to you?

I think it'd be crazy to raise the rent every year. So, maybe every 5-10 years is a good timeframe to raise prices? Or do you prefer to raise them a lot sooner than that?
Raising price every year is very risky if the inflation is high and everything is getting exspensive you can raise your prices a bit but you need to think hard before doing that

I am a landlord and also a tenant. I am going to speak objectively. It is best to increase your rent every two years. And the rate of increase should not be more than 20%.

I think the rent increase should be done based on the reality of how the macroeconomy is. High inflation rate should be followed by equal increase in tye prices of rent.

I do not have a house so I am not imposing any house rent on anyone but it is not good to be increasing your rent often most especially when the service of the house is very poor.

As a real estate investor and landlord , i don't see it good raising my rents everytime like people do but that's real estate business for you , the price will keep increasing almost every time .

Increasing the price of rents in Nigeria is not strange. It is very common. Tenants are living in apprehension possible rent increase.
It is very common for some landlords to increase their rents annually. While some would increase their rents with a notice just before the renewal of your tenancy.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back