What's new

How often do you move your sites to new domains?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
How often would you say you move your sites to new domains? I have only moved a few to a different domain, mainly due to changing the name of the site and theme. Another time was due to another company having the same name and not liking that I had a too similar name.

I can't say I ever have. I tend to avoid this. The only case where I would move it is to go from a .net to a .com because it has become available.

I've never owned a website and so i haven't moved any site to a new domain. I feel moving sites to a new domain isn't something that should be done too often.

Unless you change the name of your company or you come across better domain for your company, there's no need to move your website to new domain. I have not done it because I don't really fancy it.

I have done this a couple of times. I once sold the domain because I wanted to use a different extension and then moved my site to a new domain. The second time I did was when I sold the site but the owner let the domain expire, I moved the site files that I had on backup to create a new site on a new domain.

I don't own a website but if I had, I would have prepared thoroughly instead of changing domain always. Changing of domain makes someone to lose traffics and only an attractive new domain will bring in traffic.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back