What's new

How much to start a forum?

I think it depends on the type of forum you want to run, and the server you are registering on. But for forum like the bizdustry one has to keep the minimum of $1000.

Creating a forum from scratch can be quite expensive, because a huge outlay needs to be shelled to the forum developer and a professional search engine optimization curator who can help you generate traffic with consummate ease

well based on estimate, you need nothing less than $1000 to be able to start and even running it more successful. though there are some needs that can not be predicted but at the cost of running it can be managed.

I feel it depends on the individual and the kind of forum one wants to start up. I believe an average forum should not cost more than twenty to thirty dollars to start up.
$30 for starting a forum is very low and I do not think it is possible accept you are planning to do everything by yourself which even at that you can not start a reasonable forum with such amount.

Personally I can't really predict exactly how much it will cost someone to run a forum. simply because sometimes it depends on how you want the forum to be and how popular it should be among others.

Personally I can't really predict exactly how much it will cost someone to run a forum. simply because sometimes it depends on how you want the forum to be and how popular it should be among others.

Well, I am just assuming that it may take around $2,000 to start a forum as the cost of designing a forum must also be considered. You may also need to hire someone in order to create a forum and this may require money.

$30 for starting a forum is very low and I do not think it is possible accept you are planning to do everything by yourself which even at that you can not start a reasonable forum with such amount.
Thank you for the correction. Well, i do not own a forum of my own. A friend of mine does though, and he used about thirty dollars to start up his forum.

You need just $30 for the first year to start a forum. You need a domain and hosting, you can get a domain for $10 (average cost for a dot com domain) and $20 for hosting (shared hosting price on Namecheap). However, in order to sustain you forum and for that purpose you might have to spend a lot of money
$30 is not much. Infact, it's the same price with creating website. I have always thought that creating a forum cost a lot of money unlike website. I have the experiment of creating a forum these days.

$30 is not much. Infact, it's the same price with creating website. I have always thought that creating a forum cost a lot of money unlike website. I have the experiment of creating a forum these days.
The cost I mentioned was for the forum built on free forum scripts like SMF, phpBB, MyBB, etc. If you want to use premium forum scripts, Xenforo, for example, you will have to pay for the liscence as well as addons..

I am pretty sure when it comes to starting your personal forum, you need capital for that, even though it depends on the type of forum you want to create, just make sure you have not less than $50

I do not think that you would be able to start a forum with that much amount. You may need a couple of thousands of dollars to make a forum as far as I know.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back