What's new

How much to start a forum?

I want to know how much it would cost one to start a forum and be able to sustain it for long in a way that it would get to stand the test of time .

This is going to help myself and a lot others who may be interested in starting their own forums in the future

What do your think?
A free forum can be made with WordPress and other platforms and then after your forum starts
to receive a lot of traffic and you become comfortable with its administration, you can enhance it.

Without skills, a forum or website can cost you a lot of money before you start. There are many free courses on the internet where you can learn graphic design, web design and much more.In fact, these things are important and necessary for running an effective forum.

It deoens on what kind of forum you want to create if you want to create professional forum you might need to invest some money but if you want small one I guess 50 maybe even 30 dollars would be just fine
of course anyone who wants to make money from forum must make it very professional. There are also a lot of other factors that will determine the amount of money which will be spent.

If the topic of the forum interests people and you have social media and YouTube channels to promote or pay for durational ads, the forum's support costs will vary.

I don't think it is up to $1000 because you can start with a few members and after sometime when the forum start generating money a lot of other people can sign up. Paying good amount of money is good because it will make it grow very fast.
It'll definitely be up to if not more than actually. When you factor in the cost of servers and other equipment including administrative costs, paying for quality hosting, then you'll agree that the costs will be more than that.

Currently I can't really tell about how much enough to start or run your forums. sometimes the expenditure depends on how you want it to look like and the category of investors you want to promote your site.

It'll definitely be up to if not more than actually. When you factor in the cost of servers and other equipment including administrative costs, paying for quality hosting, then you'll agree that the costs will be more than that.
It depends on the kind of forum you want and amount of people you will hire when you begin. I know it may be more than $1000 but you can actually minimise costs.

It depends on the kind of forum you want and amount of people you will hire when you begin. I know it may be more than $1000 but you can actually minimise costs.
Yes and I'm not disputing that. All I'm just trying to say is the cost of maintaining a standard forum for even a month will shock you. There's a whole lot to go into hiring of programmers and all - except you know how to code yourself.

Yes and I'm not disputing that. All I'm just trying to say is the cost of maintaining a standard forum for even a month will shock you. There's a whole lot to go into hiring of programmers and all - except you know how to code yourself.
Of course I know that there are a lot of money you have to spend but if you have some skills you have to do almost everything by yourself. You don't have to wait for people to do that for you.

Well I strongly believe that The sustain of the forum spending vary if the concern is interesting people and if you have social media and YouTube channels to promote or pay for ads per duration.

Of course, you will need money to purchase the forum software that will be used to host the site. Before you begin receiving sponsorship, you also need the money for the incentives you'll be giving out.

I don't much about forum as I have not created one before. But I can say that creating a forum should not cost you much money for i know. I have created a website before so I can say a lot about website creation.

That may be true but the level of skill you have wil determine how much money you can spend. If you can comfortably create your own forum and design it well then they only work is to pay content creators.

Paying content creators and SEO marketers is quite important and this is why you must have had noticed that there are so many websites that are willing to pay content writers a good amount of money for writing articles.

Paying content creators and SEO marketers is quite important and this is why you must have had noticed that there are so many websites that are willing to pay content writers a good amount of money for writing articles.
paying professionals to do it for you is a good recommendation but these are some of the things you can do for yourself. It is important your learn the necessary skills so that the amount of money you are going to spend will be lesser.

i completely agree with you, learning the skill is very important as well, not just to save cost or something like that but to also you need the basic knowledge as well to affectively run the website.

I think it will be very difficult to give a specific amount of amount of money that will be enough to start a forum but you can only start with the best amount of money you have available.

It depends on your budget and your needs but one basic forum needs investment for:

- Domain name
- Hosting ( Can use free but have limitation)
- Theme and forum software

So If you want to save money than you can start forum from $30 a year.

I think it will be very difficult to give a specific amount of amount of money that will be enough to start a forum but you can only start with the best amount of money you have available.
if you are planning on starting a forum, you should not put money as the ultimate criteria for success, because i have seen so many people fail because they believe that the money they have would make them successful.

Personally I can't predict a specific amount of money to start a forum but I believe it requires alot much more than the use of manpower at the start.

I feel it depends on the individual and the kind of forum one wants to start up. I believe an average forum should not cost more than twenty to thirty dollars to start up.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back