How much to start a forum?

Bookwormlux

Ledgendary Member
5000+ Posts Club
Nov 10, 2020
USD
$4.0000USD
Biznotes
I want to know how much it would cost one to start a forum and be able to sustain it for long in a way that it would get to stand the test of time .

This is going to help myself and a lot others who may be interested in starting their own forums in the future

What do your think?

You need just $30 for the first year to start a forum. You need a domain and hosting, you can get a domain for $10 (average cost for a dot com domain) and $20 for hosting (shared hosting price on Namecheap). However, in order to sustain you forum and for that purpose you might have to spend a lot of money

A premium forum solution can be quite pricey. It might not be necessary these days - as even phpBB is mobile friendly (out of the box). Well, other free forum solutions also have specific mobile friendly themes for free and for pay.

It depends on the monthly traffic desired. Relatively cheap web hosting plans are more attractive, and a domain name can range from $12 to $25

You can even create a free forum using WordPress and the bb plugin. You can upgrade your forum, after you start to get good traffic or after you get familiar with running the forum.

Nowadays it's becoming more foolish to pay for forum software. Well, that's not saying XenForo etc. isn't good, but that free software is catching up, especially phpBB, where the default forum is mobile compliant, which means that basically nothing by phpBB isn't mobile ready, probably.

O.K., on top of being mobile compliant, a lot of the free software is simply not that much less than paid stuff, even if at all.

Anyway, though, forum software isn't the only bill you get. There is hosting and the domain and that price can vary based on exactly what you want.

think that it can be quite expensive if you are looking to start up a website of this nature because if you look at how much work goes into actually putting together the website and then managing it afterwards it will obviously cost you quite a bit as well.

starting a forum is not that costly but if it is a paid to post forum, then you actually need some tangible amount of money in order to sustain it. You need to budget about $300 or more for the first few months depending on the rate in which you want to be paying your members.

You are of course going to need money in order to buy a forum software that the forum is going to be deployed on. You also need money that you are going to be paying incentives before you start getting sponsorship.

I want to know how much it would cost one to start a forum and be able to sustain it for long in a way that it would get to stand the test of time .

This is going to help myself and a lot others who may be interested in starting their own forums in the future

What do your think?

I am also planning to invite a few of my partners so that we could also start a paid to post forum. However, in order to start such kind of forum, you may need to pay the designer and website developers as well.

Well I have not even bought a forum but according to my own research I came to understand that for one to start a forum, he or she should make sure he keeps $300.

It all depends on how serious you want to take it and how many members you think will join! If you want a serious forum it's well over $100 last time I checked but I think simple plans start at like 20-30 dollars a month or something along those lines!

starting a forum is not that costly but if it is a paid to post forum, then you actually need some tangible amount of money in order to sustain it. You need to budget about $300 or more for the first few months depending on the rate in which you want to be paying your members.

I think that it might cost at least $1,000, but I am not sure. If I were to start a forum, then I would make sure that I pay well and a good amount of money to my members.

I think that it might cost at least $1,000, but I am not sure. If I were to start a forum, then I would make sure that I pay well and a good amount of money to my members.
I don't think it is up to $1000 because you can start with a few members and after sometime when the forum start generating money a lot of other people can sign up. Paying good amount of money is good because it will make it grow very fast.

Everything depends on the budget that you want to start up your own forum with. Some people do it within the range of $15-30. While some do it within the range of $50 upwards. My friend started his own with just $70 and it's working just fine for him.

I don't think it is up to $1000 because you can start with a few members and after sometime when the forum start generating money a lot of other people can sign up. Paying good amount of money is good because it will make it grow very fast.

I am not sure, but I thought that you may need at least $1,000 because you may need to pay the designer, you may need to pay the SEO expert who could help you gain some traffic. You may need to have money for miscellaneous expenses.

I am not sure, but I thought that you may need at least $1,000 because you may need to pay the designer, you may need to pay the SEO expert who could help you gain some traffic. You may need to have money for miscellaneous expenses.
You will spend a lot of money if you do not have a skill before you can start a forum or even your website. There are so many free courses on the net you can get and learn things like graphic designing, web designing and so many other things. These kind of things are even important and necessary for you to run an effective forum.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back