What's new

How much money do you need to retire?

I really need to get high amount of money before even thinking about being able to retired from public Service as this is the only way that I'm currently making money right now and it will be difficult to quit without some backup.

Just $10,000 monthly is enough to help me retire and live my best life here in Nigeria. This is good money that would enable me to get most things that I need here in Nigeria.
Jeez, this is huge. That is about 5 million on monthly basis. Then you really have to work hard to achieve that because getting 5 million naira on monthly basis in Nigeria is challenging except you really work hard.

Well, everyone has a different perception about money but personally I dont think money can ever be enough for a human being because no amount of money can satisfy our needs.

Currently here in Africa , I will need about 100,000 US dollars for retirement . This will help me to buy a house and to make myself comfortable during my retirements. You might even need thrice of that especially if you are living in European country.

If I could leave my hands on close to 20,000 dollars then I would resign or retire from work to pursue a larger dream and that is basically what should be done if you have such a lot of money.
You can do that, but in my country that amount still wound not be enough for one who retire because he has family who are depending much on him and others need that are necessary to him.

You can do that, but in my country that amount still wound not be enough for one who retire because he has family who are depending much on him and others need that are necessary to him.
$20k is a lot of money in my country and it is enough to do lot of things for a retirees. The children of a retiree must have grown up to be able to take care of themselves.

50 million dollars is ok for me to retire and vacay in so many countries.

The truth is that human beings naturally are insatiable and even with such amount of money I will also try as much as possible to be investing in so many things. people that have billions of dollars are still running a lot of businesses. The only time I would really consider retirement is when I am old.

For me I really need to get higher amount money before I even think of retired from my job, I will even consider retiring when I am old not now because am still young to retire now.

One thing about the issue of funding and avialability of the needed funds to be able to settle down,it is dependent on the individual,because needs are always arising,and the more you go forward the more the need for more cash.

$20k is a lot of money in my country and it is enough to do lot of things for a retirees. The children of a retiree must have grown up to be able to take care of themselves.
Yeah I agree with your point, but remember that there are some people that do not marry fast and they retired early, so there will still be soo much responsibility for him to do.

I am definitely going to consider retirement if I am going to get up to 500,000 dollars in my account right now. I am still young but I think that is enough to get me out of my workplace.

Personally I think no human bring can say he has made enough money because money can not satisfied us. no amount of money can be enough for me to retire but as long as I can, i will continue looking for.

Quite a few factors to consider and for me an issue with the FIRE movement. If you are looking to retire at say 60 and you save up 25 times what you need as an annual salary and then take 4% of that per year it will get you to 95yrs old on that salary. But what about the RE bit of FIRE. Let's say you want to retire at 50 and you live to 85. You're going to be 10 yrs short. Added into that the rising inflation of that money means what is x amount now won't effectively be worth that in 30 yrs.

If I can be able to guarantee that I am going to be getting like $7000.00 when I am like 17 years old then that is definitely a sign that I should retire from active service.

Personally I think no human bring can say he has made enough money because money can not satisfied us. no amount of money can be enough for me to retire but as long as I can, i will continue looking for.
That is true there is no amount of money one can make an said he/she has enough money because human beings never been satisfied about money, for me no amount of money I will make that I should get retired.

Actually no one get tired with money both those working with the government and the private individuals. no one get satisfied with the amount of money he or she has.

The most important thing to me is how comfortable I am going to be after retirement with various sources of income that I can be able to depend on for a long time.

That's true there is know how you make money that you can be satisfied with it, so there is no amount of money that they can give one that he/ she will satisfy with it, unless they can give me 100 billion that will be ok for me to get retired.

Making a lot of money and retiring is not advisable but it is important you build a passive income method if you want to go into retirement. You can do this by investing in real estate and a lot of other businesses that would fetch your money passively. there are so many people that have houses for rentage and they're making a lot of money passively.

If I can be able to be worth up to 1 million dollars today then I do not see any reason why I should continue with they work in which I am currently undertaking as I will just depend on passive income.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back