What's new

How Much Money Can You Make By Transcribing Audios?

Good-Person

Ledgendary Member
40,000 Post Club
Feb 6, 2021
USD
$1.9200USD
Biznotes
VIP Standard - 1 Year : BizNotes
There are various different ways to make money online and transcribing audio seem to be one of the most popular ones. The fact of the matter is that you could convert the audio into text and get paid for that and I think that the pay rate depends on the length of the recording. So, how much money can you make?

It depends on the freelancer to be able to fix the amount it takes for the minutes and hours of videos transcribed. The money is not huge but very easy to get because it is an easy task. However you can get $30 for transcribing.

It depend on what the transcribing platform says. They are the one determined how much they'll per audio length transcribe. When I was a working as a transcriber, they pay me nothing less than $1 and sometimes i made less than that for a short audio.

It depend on what the transcribing platform says. They are the one determined how much they'll per audio length transcribe. When I was a working as a transcriber, they pay me nothing less than $1 and sometimes i made less than that for a short audio.

I think that short audios do not pay that much. If you want to earn good money, then you must transcribe longer audios. You could possibly earn good money by transcribing audios that are at least 5 minutes long.

I think that short audios do not pay that much. If you want to earn good money, then you must transcribe longer audios. You could possibly earn good money by transcribing audios that are at least 5 minutes long.
Yes, you're right. The longer audio bring more money. And also the longer the audio, the more difficult it'll be for you to transcribe it. So, that's newbie that have little or no experience are advice to start with short audio.

I'm aware that transcription is a very good skill to gain in 2023 because of the pay rate that is attached to this type of online gig.
If you have the ability to transcribe then, you are going to make reasonable money online.

Certainly not much I suppose. There are now a lot of transcribers and it makes it hard to get job. I was on one website for weeks I did not even get one job offer. That aspect of money making online is pretty choked.

You can make money by transcribing audios depending on the size of the project and other factors. Generally, transcribers can make anywhere from $10 to $20 per audio hour, with rates varying depending on the quality of the audio and the turnaround time needed. Some transcription companies may have a minimum rate, such as $20 per hour, and others may offer a flat rate for certain projects. Additionally, some transcription jobs may offer bonuses or incentives for transcribers who complete tasks quickly and accurately

It depends on the freelancer to be able to fix the amount it takes for the minutes and hours of videos transcribed. The money is not huge but very easy to get because it is an easy task. However you can get $30 for transcribing.
You're absolutely right by saying this, this depends on the agreement and arrangements between the freelancer and the person. But I don't think if it might cost anything beyond $40

I read someone's dairy who stopped working as a transcriber. She said that the constant use of headphones and earpiece was beginning to affect her ears. I wonder if it's worth it because of this.

I know people who earn online through transcription and they make so much money. This is one skill that I really would love to learn and use to earn. Though it is so saturated like other online earning methods, but I am sure that being skilled at it will get you some clients.

I know people who earn online through transcription and they make so much money. This is one skill that I really would love to learn and use to earn. Though it is so saturated like other online earning methods, but I am sure that being skilled at it will get you some clients.
I've not seen people close to me work on transcription website because most of the people that I come across complained that they are unable to pass the initial examination stage and I think their test are very rigorous.

I have not tried this method of making money, therefore, I cannot say how much money you can make. However, I believe this is a decent-paying job. There are a lot of platforms where you can find work and there is never any dearth of jobs.

I'm aware that transcription is a very good skill to gain in 2023 because of the pay rate that is attached to this type of online gig.
If you have the ability to transcribe then, you are going to make reasonable money online.

The pay rates of transcription jobs are quite high. However, the fact remains that transcription jobs require you to understand the English accent in a perfect manner in the end.

The pay rates of transcription jobs are quite high. However, the fact remains that transcription jobs require you to understand the English accent in a perfect manner in the end.
That is the challenging part . Mastering the ascent is a bit difficult. The major challenge on this platform is that it will be difficult for someone in Africa or lower-tier countries to easily make money on transcription website because we cannot be 100% perfect with the American ascents.

The thing about transcribing is that it's not always going to be easy. When I did transcription work, I remember doing subtitles for a couple ads, and those were just two minute videos. But here's the problem, sometimes it's hard to tell what a person is saying in a video. Due to that, you may have to re-listen to the audio over a few times to get the subtitles as correct as possible.

There are some sites that pay you to transcribe. I forget what site it was I worked on, but it was a legit one, one of the popular ones I'm sure. And for the work you do, I don't know if it's really worth the time. There is some audio that is tough to decipher and you can get stuck on short audio/videos. I stopped doing it, because I realized it needs your utmost attention and it can take a while to get the transcription 100% as good as you can get it.

Some audio you won't be able to get, so you have to mark it in the subtitles as unknown or unrecognizable. But a lot of these services want the best transcriptions, because I think as you work on, you eventually get work on movies and tv. I don't know if I could handle working on movies or tv, though it would probably be a lot easier to understand the audio.

Certainly not much I suppose. There are now a lot of transcribers and it makes it hard to get job. I was on one website for weeks I did not even get one job offer. That aspect of money making online is pretty choked.
Of course, there are many transcribers currently. You know, transcribing is not a skill that you need to learn. It's something that anyone with focus and good listening skill can do. To increase your chances of getting job as a transcriber, add language interpretation to your skill.

Many times I tried to join transcription websites to earn from transcribing audios but unfortunately I couldn't join because all platforms were offering only PayPal payments.

Many times I tried to join transcription websites to earn from transcribing audios but unfortunately I couldn't join because all platforms were offering only PayPal payments.
Apart from the fact that they are offering Paypal as their payment gateway, it is always very difficult to pass the transcription site exams before you will get hired.

Apart from the fact that they are offering Paypal as their payment gateway, it is always very difficult to pass the transcription site exams before you will get hired.
I think if you're interested in transcription websites, you can use YouTube to watch videos on how to pass the exams. you have to understand the fact that there are several people making money on such platforms.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back