What's new

How Much Does a Website Cost?

What advice would you give to somebody looking to create their own website? Can anyone talk me through the process and how much does it cost to create a website, from scratch? What web hosting and domain registrar could you suggest?
On average, though, it costs around $200 to build a website, with an ongoing cost of around $50 per month to maintain it. This estimate is higher if you hire a designer or developer – expect an upfront charge of around $6,000, with an ongoing cost of $1,000 per year.

On average, the upfront cost of the site, including the launch and design, is $12,000 to $150,000, while routine website maintenance ranges from $35 to $5,000 per month—or $400 to $60,000 per year.

Just seeing the reviews here is amazing. I never knew it was not that expensive. The cost of maintenance seems high. I guess I should save up for that. Also hope I will make my money back If I get one.
Thanks you all for the comment.
The cost of maintenance is also not very high if your website is a simple blog and runs on shared hosting. If you have a dot com domain, renewal charge is the same as registration charges, the first year hosting might cheaper than the renewal fees. Still, it is low for shared hosting. I don't think spending 30-40 USD per year for a website is not a big deal for most of us who are earning online.

To own a website could awesome, but to maintain it is where the work lie, owning a website should be an issue, it just only depends on the domain you are about to set up for, make sure you are getting a domain that will be yours forever, having total control of the site completely.

It depends on the kind of website you wish to create and the domain used in creating the website because tools varies and at such the prices differs from one another. A paid website can range from between $400 - $1000 covering both setup and the subscription for a year.

Last edited:
The cost of maintenance is also not very high if your website is a simple blog and runs on shared hosting. If you have a dot com domain, renewal charge is the same as registration charges, the first year hosting might cheaper than the renewal fees. Still, it is low for shared hosting. I don't think spending 30-40 USD per year for a website is not a big deal for most of us who are earning online.
Thank you so much for adding more light to it.
Truly yearly payment seems not a big deal...
I'm new to all this that I why I am just finding out.
It is just the simple web that i need.
But can one always upgrade?

The cost of a website is not constant, it varies with the type of the website, the functionalities, the purpose , and even based on delivery time. The cost also depends on the developer. So you can get a $20, $100, $1000 website depending on the stated parameters.

Your choice of a website would really affect the price of the website. in creating, especially for someone just starting out, you should use WordPress as it is cheaper and more faster to build. Go daddy has the best domain register in the market ad their plan seems to be more popular. You can start with blue host as the server.

The fee for building a website depends on the person who wants to design the website for you and also buying of domain and hosting content management system too, Though it does not cist much but there is no fixed price for it around $

On the off chance that you can't do it without anyone else's help, I'd suggest shopping through Fiverr just in light of the fact that it's abounding with skilled individuals, some of whom charge sensible expenses. Obviously, you'll additionally have to look at the audits to guarantee you get the most ideally equipped individual for the work.

The cost of websites depends on the complexity of the website. You can some simple websites for low as as $30. Such a website may be just a personal blog or a simple landing page. Some websites may be as cost as $10,000 if the complexity is high.

It relies upon the business which would you like to begin or item which would you like to advance. As per my experience ,a decent site isn't costly however you need to see the highlights which a site is advertising. You can begin site with 10$ to 20$.There are numerous sites like WordPress ,wix and so on which can be begun in modest cost.

The average cost to create a website for a small business is around $2000 to $10000. This average includes purchasing your domain name and website hosting plan, as well as designing Andy building your site. You can start with $10-$20 , but to maintainance fees is more than the domain price

What advice would you give to somebody looking to create their own website? Can anyone talk me through the process and how much does it cost to create a website, from scratch? What web hosting and domain registrar could you suggest?
The particular amount a website costs depends on what the website developer says... But I have heard about few people saying it costs less than 5$ to create a website though some website can be as expensive as up to 100$

The amount is dependent on the features you want in your website. If you want it coded and built from scratch, this will definitely cost more. But if you want to use WordPress or wix, this might cost less. I think a budget of less tha. $500 will sort the bills

The general price of buying a domain remains the same for X.com or X.org or X.com.ng etc. What makes the prices of getting a website varies is your web designer. Different designer will charge you different amount for the same kind of website.

What it would cost: For controlled hosting, most web hosting companies provide shared hosting plans ranging from about $10 a month to as high as $99 a month. The more traffic your website receives, the higher your price would be, and the more features you add to your site.

I think the cost of creating a website varies depending on what you want to create.The price of each website is different. You can build a website for more than one hundred dollars. In addition, you can spend one hundred and fifty dollars, two hundred dollars, 300 dollars, 400 dollars, 500 dollars.

I also had no idea about acquiring website until I went through the comments here on this thread. I thought it was an easy step that anyone can just go online to platforms like Wix.com design and get yourself a website until I stumbled on this platform and I realised you need to still buy a domain name too among other things in which everything will cost at least 10dollars together. Thank you all for the amazing comments on this thread. We learn everyday.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back