What's new

How many topic areas do you have on your forum?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
If you run a forum, how many topic areas do you usually have? I like to keep it simple and provide sections that make sense. I don't like when a general forum has sections for everything and anything. If your site has a theme, go with that. or, at the very least, make only some sections, like entertainment for movies, tv, music, video games, etc. One big category.

Another thing I don't like with some forums, is sub categories. That's fine, but what I think is best is using what this forum and some others have. So when you create a topic, some forums will let you select a category, subject, etc. And from there it'll put your topic in the right area. I think that's the best way to have as much conversation on tons of differing subjects, but instead you're not crowding the forum with categories and sub categories that might not even be viewed or posted in. So it's best to have a small set of topic areas that can be expanded upon with just altering the subject of the topic.

Does that makes sense?

I have two single niche forums and two multiple niche forums. Even though these forums are multiple niches, the niches are closely related. I do not have a lot of boards and categories on my forums.

I have two single niche forums and two multiple niche forums. Even though these forums are multiple niches, the niches are closely related. I do not have a lot of boards and categories on my forums.
But what type of forum do you have, I am eager to know more about making money online, as I am not contented witu the current one I'm into, can you talk more about the forum you have.

focusing on a particular niche would definitely save you a lot of stress, before you end up strecting yourself thin, except you have helping hands on the project that are as passionate as you are.

If you have a multi-niche forum, it is easier to build a member base because you can find a lot of people interested in multiple topics, niche forums, on the other hand, have a small audience, thus building a member base is difficult.

I don't have a forum at the moment, I sold it out not long ago, but my former forum is a type that have a single niche. What I noticed is that the single niche forum is even hard to build, compared multiple niche.

I like it when forums are organized very well. It's attractive when you see a forum that's was organize in manner that you can get what you want easily without waisting time.

They can provide as many sections as possible but in forum, most times they create twenty sections so that they can have good contribution in my aspect to develop the sweetness of those websites. However, money making, crypto currency, article section and the likes are forums sections.

If you run a forum, how many topic areas do you usually have? I like to keep it simple and provide sections that make sense. I don't like when a general forum has sections for everything and anything. If your site has a theme, go with that. or, at the very least, make only some sections, like entertainment for movies, tv, music, video games, etc. One big category.

Another thing I don't like with some forums, is sub categories. That's fine, but what I think is best is using what this forum and some others have. So when you create a topic, some forums will let you select a category, subject, etc. And from there it'll put your topic in the right area. I think that's the best way to have as much conversation on tons of differing subjects, but instead you're not crowding the forum with categories and sub categories that might not even be viewed or posted in. So it's best to have a small set of topic areas that can be expanded upon with just altering the subject of the topic.

Does that makes sense?
It's actually make sense to have a small set of topic areas which can be expanded because too much of topic sometimes maybe kind of clumsy on the website and it may not make sense

If you have a multi-niche forum, it is easier to build a member base because you can find a lot of people interested in multiple topics, niche forums, on the other hand, have a small audience, thus building a member base is difficult.
but i think it would be very hard to manage, as you would need more hands to help you moderate the forum and make sure people do not post trash or irrelevant contents.

Forum management is a hard job. If you start becoming strict, people will start leaving the forum and if you are soft people will start posting trash or even violating the rules.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back