What's new

How many times have you changed a domain name for a single site?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
How many times would you say you have changed a domain name for a site of yours? Lets say for a single one, and not for a bunch of sites.

As for me, I have had sites where I have changed the domain often. It wasn't something I did that often though, as changing your name and brand often is a general no-no as it hurts your ranking within Google and hurts in other areas too.

I remember way back when I first started creating forums, I had a domain name that I just thought up out of the blue, I for the life of me can not remember what it was now that is how quickly I thought it up and bought the domain. The longer I had the domain the more I realized it didn't make sense for the kind of forum I was running so after a while I decided to change the name and the domain name for the site in question to one that suited the site better. That has been the only time I have ever had to change a domain name for a single site.

I remember way back when I first started creating forums, I had a domain name that I just thought up out of the blue, I for the life of me can not remember what it was now that is how quickly I thought it up and bought the domain. The longer I had the domain the more I realized it didn't make sense for the kind of forum I was running so after a while I decided to change the name and the domain name for the site in question to one that suited the site better. That has been the only time I have ever had to change a domain name for a single site.
This is possible that you change a domain name but this won't be good for your SEO as Google stay linked to old domain name means lose of potential clients. Free hosting plans of blogs or forums sometimes doesn't offer possibility to manage domain name yourself and you will be under their redirection that complicates things more not like hosting a VPS.

One of my websites went through three domain name changes. I started with dot info domain, and then started using a country domain and how I am using dot com.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back