What's new

How many PCs have you run through in your life?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I've run through my fair share of PCs through my life. From the first ever PC I owned, a Commodore 64 (we got it used in the 90s) to the first official PC my parents bought new, which was a Windows 95 PC in 2000 or so. Which we should've had at least Windows 98 lol. After that we got a PC with XP and then later on I moved on to adding Linux on my PCs.

Anyway, how many PCs have you gone through in your life?

In my life, I have used many PCs from ones that my parents used to have that I would use to ones I had myself after leaving home and living my own life. I remember when I was younger we used to have an Amiga and that was the first computer I ever used then we moved on to have a PC with Windows on and I also got my own PC at the age of 13 in my bedroom as well.

Since I left home I have had at least 7 PCs or laptops that I have gone through and I still have two of them at the moment that is still going.

Gone through quite a few computers, PC, and laptops in my lifetime and the current PC I am using now is somewhat getting older now and starting to struggle so I know in time I will be getting a newer PC when I can afford to upgrade.

I have only had one PC my entire life, even though I now use my husband's own too. Both are HP laptops, Pavilion.
They are seriously outdated but I want to buy something decent for my job online, so I'm saving money now.

I've run through my fair share of PCs through my life. From the first ever PC I owned, a Commodore 64 (we got it used in the 90s) to the first official PC my parents bought new, which was a Windows 95 PC in 2000 or so. Which we should've had at least Windows 98 lol. After that we got a PC with XP and then later on I moved on to adding Linux on my PCs.

Anyway, how many PCs have you gone through in your life?
I only use laptops most of the time because I can carrry laptop everywhere I had only one PC wich was kinda bad and it could only run browser

You are right by saying PC can get obsolete or degraded. We need to get new ones or upgrade to new version. It's good to do that so this is why we need to keep increasing our knowledge as technology changes overtime.

Well - I've had several, but a few just had new parts in it as my dad built computers.

I got my first computer when I was 3 or 4. I know I got a basically brand new one when I was 10. From that point on It was several upgrades until I moved out. Then a few years ago I bought a pre-built computer (Omen), and then this last year in July I made a custom build and love it.

How many computers would you say you have gone through in your lifetime? For me I'd say I've gone through maybe 5 or 6 pcs. First PC we got was a commodore 64 from a yard sale. That was back in the early 90s. I remember my dad picking it up. Sadly it didn't last too long. Next PC I got was probably early 2000s, when I got a PC with Windows 95. Then after that we got a PC with Windows XP, that I want to say was around 2002 or 2003. And then I bought a PC from a friend for $50 back around 2006-2008 I want to say. And then got a couple cheap PCs, a laptop, finally my gaming PC and then a laptop/tablet combo that is in need of repair.

So yeah I think that's mostly it. What about you? :)

Well, I think I've had around 6 computers more or less, the first one I had was at the beginning of the century, I think it was in the year 2000, I honestly don't remember the brand and I think the operating system was windows 2000, I've had 3 laptops, 2 acers and 1 lenovo, the computer I have now is an asus with windows 10, and I had another desktop computer that I don't even remember what brand it was, I think it was a Hawlett-Packard (HP) with windows 7.

In my entire life, I have owned only three computers. However, I might have gone through at least 6 computers. The first computers I started using were not mine, they were my daddy's computers (I was allowed to use only for a couple of hours)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I think I've had around 6 computers more or less, the first one I had was at the beginning of the century, I think it was in the year 2000, I honestly don't remember the brand and I think the operating system was windows 2000, I've had 3 laptops, 2 acers and 1 lenovo, the computer I have now is an asus with windows 10, and I had another desktop computer that I don't even remember what brand it was, I think it was a Hawlett-Packard (HP) with windows 7.
I also got an old Apple Macintosh PC, I forgot what year it was, but I think it was mid 80s. Anyway I remember my grandma deciding to pick it up at a yard sale in the early 2000s for us. It was around the time I really wanted to get a PC, but my parents didn't buy one. My grandma decided to buy this. I wish I took care of it, because I remember playing some fun games on it. But in my teens I decided to take a hammer to the monitor to be funny.

Later on, I found out old Apple PCs were actually worth some money. I now regret breaking it. Not because of it being worth money, but it was something my grandma bought for me. So I regret it mostly for that reason.

I also got an old Apple Macintosh PC, I forgot what year it was, but I think it was mid 80s. Anyway I remember my grandma deciding to pick it up at a yard sale in the early 2000s for us. It was around the time I really wanted to get a PC, but my parents didn't buy one. My grandma decided to buy this. I wish I took care of it, because I remember playing some fun games on it. But in my teens I decided to take a hammer to the monitor to be funny.

Later on, I found out old Apple PCs were actually worth some money. I now regret breaking it. Not because of it being worth money, but it was something my grandma bought for me. So I regret it mostly for that reason.
Surely it was just children's nonsense that made you break your PC, something similar happened to me but with a Game boy color, it was a very precious gift which I ended up breaking as a child to be funny, on the other hand, I also remember playing mythical games on my first PC, the first Worms games, or Sacred or the first Warcraft, many memories.

I can not keep count of the numbers of computers and laptops I have gone through over the years. I know I started with my Dell laptop and after couple of years changed to HP laptop...

My first PC was an HCL desktop. I used it for more than 15 years. After that I got a laptop when I went to college. And then recently I bought a new gaming laptop after 7 years of my old laptop. So, 3 in total.

3 till now. One PC for 15 years, one laptop for 7 years and another one which I'm currently using since about a year now. Hoping to use it at least for more 5 Years.😊

Currently, I am on my second PC which is almost one year old and my first PC was a Dell Inspiron laptop which lasted around 6 years after that laptop's display stopped working. The laptop works fine so I connected an external monitor and use the laptop sometimes.

One desktop but I have always upgraded parts so I can't really say how many that would actually account for.

Laptops, I have had 4 and still have all 4 even though my first one does not turn on anymore.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back