What's new

How many of you are using Linux Ubuntu S.O.? My current use of Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal Fossa)

Pousinha

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Nov 25, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Do you like one of the newest Linux releases, the Ubuntu 20.04? How many other linuxians but me?
Current S.O. in my second Toshiba sat is Ubuntu 20.04, installed in the HD after the suite Toshiba, due to an error, deleted all windows 10 system. My husband tested the HD (he has an informatics technician certificate) and found it was in good condition, so ready to install a freeware S.O. I decided for Ubuntu 20.04, one of the latest and more stable versions (it's more stable than 20.10, whose support ends in July). In the past I had Ubuntu 12.04 and 18.04, mostly appreciating the first, for the lightness and compatibility with all kind of downloads (Terminal didn't refuse to cooperate, as strongly refused when I had 18.04). But I think 20.04 being my favorite, due to the following good surprises.

The good surprises of Linux Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal Fossa)
Usability of 20.04 is good (at least I find it good): it provides a lot of utility apps as Skype, Telegram, video editing and player, painting tools, Spotify and much more. All this I find in the Ubuntu Software folder and there's not the need to make use of Terminal to install. This Ubuntu version recognizes my pendrives and lets me well organize their content, as well to organize content into whatever folder. It's easy to copy and paste a document from one folder to another too. No problem to download photos and image I need for my publishing tasks (ps: I only make use of 100% copyright free images), no need to use Terminal for this activity too. Finally, I'm having a pleasing surprise: Ubuntu 20.04 shows English orthographic mistakes, so I can correct orthography while I'm writing without the need of an external tool. Very good for non-native English speaking users.

What I still miss from Windows
I only miss the following provided by windows: Magnifier, Characters Map and the Snipping Tool. But these probably would come with an update, as I always find interesting apps and tools in the Ubuntu Software folder and in any way I haven't finished to explore my new S.O. to find similar programs.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back