What's new

How many admins, super mods, and mods do you have on your forums?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
When it comes to your forums, do you usually have one or two admins? I tend to have just me, but when you run so many sites, you gotta improvise. So instead I have someone else come in as an admin when I'm not around, but they have limited access. I have a super mod as well, only for the forum areas and taking actions against users. And around 2-3 mods depending on the size of the forum. What about you?

I've got one admin and two moderators. I had a couple more but they stepped down.

I've got one admin and two moderators. I had a couple more but they stepped down.

So, do you also have a forum? What is the name of your forum? I think that it would always be a better thing to have adequate and moderate number of admins and moderators on the forums.

I only have one forum running right now and it is not active. There are only maybe 4 or 5 active members. So it is just me and one other person. Mods and such are just not needed. Not until more members join.

I only have one forum running right now and it is not active. There are only maybe 4 or 5 active members. So it is just me and one other person. Mods and such are just not needed. Not until more members join.
Wow, you have a forum of your own. That's awesome! What's the theme of your forum, like, is it about business, finance, crypto, etc., like Bizdustry?

The number of administrators (admins), super moderators (super mods), and moderators (mods) needed for an affiliate website can vary depending on the size of the website, the volume of user activity, and the complexity of the tasks involved. However, here are some general guidelines to consider:

Administrators (Admins): Admins typically have the highest level of access and control over the website. They are responsible for managing the overall operation of the site, making strategic decisions, handling technical aspects, and overseeing other staff members. For an affiliate website, having one or two admins should be sufficient in most cases. Having multiple admins provides redundancy and helps distribute the workload.

Super Moderators (Super Mods): Super mods are responsible for monitoring user activity, enforcing community guidelines, resolving disputes, and maintaining a positive environment on the website. The number of super mods needed will depend on the size of the user base and the level of engagement. As a starting point, you could have 1-2 super mods for every 500-1000 active users. Adjust this number based on the volume of user-generated content and the expected level of moderation required.

Moderators (Mods): Mods assist super mods in enforcing community guidelines, moderating user-generated content, and ensuring a smooth user experience. The number of mods needed will depend on the website's activity level, the number of sections or categories, and the expected volume of user-generated content. A general guideline is to have 1-2 mods for every 1000-2000 active users. Adjust this number based on the workload and the amount of content that needs moderation.

Personally I believe that the size of your community is what determines the number of staff members that you are or should be looking to work with. This is because there is no need for you to have a lot of staff when there is not much work for them to do.

Currently, I am running three forums. I do not have any mods, additional admins, or super mods. I am the only staff on my forums. I do not like the idea of asking people to work for free and I do not have funds to pay for the staff. My forums are small with few members and activities, therefore, I am able to run my sites on my own.

Currently, I am running three forums. I do not have any mods, additional admins, or super mods. I am the only staff on my forums. I do not like the idea of asking people to work for free and I do not have funds to pay for the staff. My forums are small with few members and activities, therefore, I am able to run my sites on my own.

From my experience with dealing with people who are interested in working as staff in forums is that most of them will actually turn you down when you ask them to work for free especially when there is no incentive that they are going to get from being a staff on your website.

Have you thought about promoting the forum and getting members to join from around the world? I believe that is going to be a gokd thing that you should consider doing too. When these guys join, they can help to boost the activities and you will see the need to have more than one staff on the forum. What do you think?

Have you thought about promoting the forum and getting members to join from around the world? I believe that is going to be a gokd thing that you should consider doing too. When these guys join, they can help to boost the activities and you will see the need to have more than one staff on the forum. What do you think?

It is always very difficult to build membership on forums especially when they are new. This is the reason why you have to put in more effort in adding high-quality contents to your community so that whenever you managed to have visitors coming to your forum, they will always have something that is going to hold them down and always make them to keep coming back.

I don't have any of them cause my drumming forum is too small at the moment. In fact, all I need right now is forum posting. I can handle all other things myself.

Actually I believe that the size of your community is what determines the number of staff members that you are or should be looking to work with. This is because there is no need for you to have a lot of staff when there is not much work for them to do.

I don't have any of them cause my drumming forum is too small at the moment. In fact, all I need right now is forum posting. I can handle all other things myself.

It is always very good when you are getting activity from posting on your forum because that will even give you a better chance of being able to start making money from your platform if you have it monetized. A simple design of a forum doesn't really do it any wrong as long as you are getting activities on your platform.

It is always very good when you are getting activity from posting on your forum because that will even give you a better chance of being able to start making money from your platform if you have it monetized. A simple design of a forum doesn't really do it any wrong as long as you are getting activities on your platform.

Getting activities is very important on the forum that you own. If you can build it, then you are half way with getting the job done. Not many forum owners are able to get people to register and start posting on their forums and this is what you should look at putting in place as soon as you can with enough quality contents on your forum.

Getting activities is very important on the forum that you own. If you can build it, then you are half way with getting the job done. Not many forum owners are able to get people to register and start posting on their forums and this is what you should look at putting in place as soon as you can with enough quality contents on your forum.

I can actually say that one of the reason why some community owners find it very difficult to get new members who will register willingly to contribute to their communities is as a result of the nature of their project because it is something that struggles when it comes to convincing people to join the project. When you have a good project, people will like to take part in it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back