What's new

How long should a realtor renovate his house?

A good landlord should build his house and expect it to last for more than 50 years without renovation except of remodelling or changing or patching the zinc

To me, for a house owner to be getting paid and have his house appreciates in value, he should be thinking of renovating his house at least every two year interval. This will make the house appreciate in value and and even attractive to rent again.
Two year interval is a great one, the tenants should also lean learn to report any damages and other issues relating to the property

There is what we call individual difference,a potential client might see the house in ruins, get creative and innovate ideas to turn the house to what he likes

Apart from agents property owners should employ the services if a care taker to help monitorcracks in the walls and anything that may be lacking in the property.

To my opinion he or she is expected to do that always that is the only way that increase the value of the house and encourage or attract people to patronize the house renting.
Post automatically merged:

As most often that you can this for your own good and benefits because it will.be more attractive to you and others around your society and also keeps the building strong.

The renovation of a house is supposed to.be done most often not necessarily with a fixed time to be done. this is to improve the quality and the standing appearance of your building which also makes it stronger to last longer.

Last edited:
There are different factors that would influence renovating a house like; cracked walls, old roofs, water piping fault and sewage disposal. I won't renovate a house if the fixtures and the general outlook is still eye catching.

As a real estate agent who has invested in houses for rentage. To increase your yearly tenant rate, how often do you think so real estate agent needs to be renovating the house?
I asked because I always see some delapitated house around my area and I do wonder how the owners are comfortable seeing their houses like that
You should renovate house you live offen if you're the owner or not a place you leave should be clean and neat cos it brings joy and blessings

One should be patient and hard-working while still applying all the business strategies to revive an a business on the brink of failing. But it is not advisable to keep channeling valuable resources into it if there are no signs of improvement.

A good realtor should be able to maintain his house. I feel renovation of houses should be done annually although a good realtor does have to wait the the end of the year before he repair any faulty thing in the house.

When once a tenent is out, a realtor is supposed to supervise his house to see areas that needs repairs before renting it out to another tenant. At least every 2 years is okay.

There are a lot of things to consider before you are thinking of renovating your building to a modern standard or repair,some materials may be inferior quality and in this case it will be the best that you change it anytime there is a fault or is likely to develop a problem.

Last edited:
As a real estate agent who has invested in houses for rentage. To increase your yearly tenant rate, how often do you think so real estate agent needs to be renovating the house?
I asked because I always see some delapitated house around my area and I do wonder how the owners are comfortable seeing their houses like that
To renovate a house should be between 10-20 years. There should be general maintenance every year to avoid it been dilapidated.
In my country, Nigeria, if you investigate the house you will observed that the real owner is late. Family members are just interested with the rent.

Though it's good to renovate constantly but I feel once standard materials are used in construction of a building, the major remodelling works that would be done would be on the interior part of the house.
Though a house can be generally remodelled after about 30-35 years in my opinion. Things such as the tensile strength would be checked.

Once these houses become dilapidated, no one would love to purchase them.
If you as a landlord has been paid rent, use part of the money to renovate the building; it could just be changing the wall paint or patching a leaking roof.
If you want the property to keep increasing in value, then you have to maintain it properly.

property development is very important.
If the property owner wishes to keep making profit from his property through rent, then he should be able to put touches to it every now and then to maintain its value.
Once the property loses value, he will eventually lose the business.
I asked because I always see some delapitated house around my area and I do wonder how the owners are comfortable seeing their houses like tha

To me, for a house owner to be getting paid and have his house appreciates in value, he should be thinking of renovating his house at least every two year interval. This will make the house appreciate in value and and even attractive to rent again.
I could remember the last house we occupy,the owner is a very responsible and understanding man,whatever get faulty in your building,he act immediatelly and get it fixed.

Sometimes the houses you see may not really belong to a realtor.
It may be a personal house or something else.
As a realtor, you must be ready to renovate your building when it is due because that is where your money comes from

Renovations usually lead to an increase in rent fees and this is why so many decide to let the house be like that since there isn't enough renovation capital.

I think it is good to renovate the house every 2 years. This is very essential in order to retain the beauty of the house. Renovating the house regularly will also attract and hard value to the house.

I don't think there is any rule that specifies a perfect time. A good house built with proper materials could last 20 years without repair. But then taste might change and then you want something different.
I get point point. If the house is properly built with the quality materials it could last for long time but there is still need to do minor renovation and maintenance at intervals so that like plumbing, welding, repainting etc.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back