What's new

How long is too long for a site to go without a redesign?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
When it comes to your sites look, how often do you change it? Every few years? Maybe every year even? Or do you wait many years before you decide on a redesign? For me I tend to go around 4-5 years with the design and then try to change it up every so often.

What about you?

When I ran my general chat forum back from 2009 - 2017 I would always have a light theme and a dark theme option for members to be able to choose the one they preferred but when it came to things like Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year I would change the theme to something ideal for those and also have logos that went with the theme as well. I do feel that you can go years with the same theme even without changing anything if it's clean and also if your members are happy with it. I just personally like to change up themes for holidays and celebrations when I can.

When I ran my general chat forum back from 2009 - 2017 I would always have a light theme and a dark theme option for members to be able to choose the one they preferred but when it came to things like Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year I would change the theme to something ideal for those and also have logos that went with the theme as well. I do feel that you can go years with the same theme even without changing anything if it's clean and also if your members are happy with it. I just personally like to change up themes for holidays and celebrations when I can.
that is very thoughtful of you to have your users in your mind by giving them various types of theme that would suit them very well and not just going with a particular type of theme.

When it comes to your sites look, how often do you change it? Every few years? Maybe every year even? Or do you wait many years before you decide on a redesign? For me I tend to go around 4-5 years with the design and then try to change it up every so often.

What about you?
I think 1 year is appropriate to redesign your website because people like to see new and positive changes and designs, I think it will become boring for users to see one design for several years.

There is no specific time frame that can be considered "too long" for a website to go without a redesign. The frequency of redesigns should be based on the needs and goals of the website and the organization it represents.

There are a few factors to consider when deciding whether or not to redesign a website:

1. User needs: Is the current design meeting the needs and expectations of your website's users? If not, a redesign may be necessary to improve the user experience.
  2. Technology: Is the website using outdated technology or design elements that could be improved upon? If so, a redesign may be necessary to keep the website up-to-date and functional.
  3. Branding: Has the organization's branding or visual identity changed significantly since the website was last redesigned? If so, a redesign may be necessary to reflect these changes.
  4. Traffic and engagement: Is the website seeing a decline in traffic or engagement? A redesign may be necessary to improve these metrics.
Ultimately, the decision to redesign a website should be based on a combination of these factors and the specific goals and needs of the organization.

I know a couple of websites that have remained the way there for years and people still visit them. The ultimate says that you should not change something that is not broken.

Design has a way of making the website very attractive to your intended audience.
I believe that the design should be done as soon as the website is launch so as to attract and keep audience.

I don't think a site needs a frequent redesign. I have been using this site for a couple of years and the site has trhe same appreance that it had when I first joined it. Even my own sites look the same, they do not show any novelty.

What about you?
In my opinion, I think that going more than 5 years without a new design or at least an added plug-in or two makes the website stale and predictable after a while, and this can result in your traffic metrics dwindling.

To me, a website needs to keep updating itself so as to meet the current status of today's trend. Redesigning is meant for users to feel new and excited to working from a good life website.

You need to pay attention to the site so that you don't allow it to go outdated. That means you spend time to put in new designs every now and then and keep it in shape.

What about you?

My mentor will tell you that if something is not broken, don't get yourself worked up trying to fix it. It's the same thing I would say to when it comes redesigning of someone's forum to give it a new look. You can change a few things once in a while but not a major layout change when there's nothing wrong with what you have.

I think every year a company's site or personnal should be re-evaluated. At least throughout the whole year it is impossible to say that the company did nothing even if they didn't make nothing but at least they tried something so there should be something to put up on the platform(site) to show how much they've grown.

The minimum duration a forum should go without getting revamped is 6 months, at least that's how I see it. It will be very bad to a forum for its looks to be ignored from year to year like it doesn't matter. Good looks matters so much because it will appeal to your forum members more.

I think every year a company's site or personnal should be re-evaluated. At least throughout the whole year it is impossible to say that the company did nothing even if they didn't make nothing but at least they tried something so there should be something to put up on the platform(site) to show how much they've grown.

I agree that changes should be carried out once in a while but there are some kind of changes that are not necessarily important especially when it's going to change everything your business have been known for in its image. Take a look at what Elon Musk is doing with his redesigning and rebranding of Twitter. It's abused.

I agree that changes should be carried out once in a while but there are some kind of changes that are not necessarily important especially when it's going to change everything your business have been known for in its image. Take a look at what Elon Musk is doing with his redesigning and rebranding of Twitter. It's abused.
That is very true there should be a certain level that a change should reach or get to but I want to believe that if a company should decide to make a massive change like what alone is doing or has done with Twitter there has to be a reason because in the case of Twitter I don't want to believe that he just woke up one time and decided to change the bird logo X.

That is very true there should be a certain level that a change should reach or get to but I want to believe that if a company should decide to make a massive change like what alone is doing or has done with Twitter there has to be a reason because in the case of Twitter I don't want to believe that he just woke up one time and decided to change the bird logo X.

He's already done it. He's even change his own profile picture on Twitter which used to be his face to now the X logo.

Elon Musk will eventually kill Twitter with the way he's been going and I'm sure not going to happy about it because I enjoy using that space.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back