What's new

How long does it take your country to pay retirees gratuity??

In my country, the payment of retirees gratuity it's often delayed and at times it will take two to three years before it is settled. This is because I live in a country that does not take that life of the citizens very seriously because our leaders are very selfish.
I believe you are talking about Nigeria. The situation of things keep getting bad and it is rather unfortunate that there seem to be no hope in sight towards a solution at all.

In my country it depends on the kind of job that you did. i know someone that retired from active service since last year and up to now his gratuity have not really been paid. but there are some workers or retirees whose gratuity was paid not more than 3 months from their retirement.

In my country it depends on the kind of job that you did. i know someone that retired from active service since last year and up to now his gratuity have not really been paid. but there are some workers or retirees whose gratuity was paid not more than 3 months from their retirement.
I would also be made to believe that people at the highest rank in government are likely to receive their pension much more faster than people at the lowest rank. But Whatever the case may be , I believe the government should make arrangement for everyone to receive their pension or gratuity on time.

I would also be made to believe that people at the highest rank in government are likely to receive their pension much more faster than people at the lowest rank. But Whatever the case may be , I believe the government should make arrangement for everyone to receive their pension or gratuity on time.
Yes, people who are in higher rank and have connections always get their gratuities earlier than those who retired at lower ranks.

Of course, I think the government should try as much as possible to make it very accessible for everyone timely because it can go a long way for them.

My country is one of those country that did not think their citizens so seriously. The government has made late payment of gratuity a norm and that is what they do for many years.

The government of the federation pays its employees in time, but it is usually the state and local government authorities that have delays in getting to pay their employees.

Actually retirees are into categories that's some workes under the public service commission while others works with the private and their mode of payment differs alot. for the public service it takes more than a year.

What I know is that during your retirement government will start paying you when the time comes for them to start paying you them will do that, without wasting time.

If you are retiring from active service then you can be sure that you can be able to get your gratuity in one year and then you are going to start getting your pension almost immediately.

The retirees gratuity are often delayed in my country. The retirees gratuity are paid by the government anytime they wish and it could take years before the money would be made available.

The retirees gratuity are often delayed in my country. The retirees gratuity are paid by the government anytime they wish and it could take years before the money would be made available.
All this is as a result of bad leadership. Normally the payment of gratuity in most cases should not pass three months after retirement. This is in a normal standard country with good leaders.

Well the payment of retirees after there service has always been the cake or topic of discussion in most of the third world countries sometimes it takes more than its expected due to greedyness of the political and office holders.
The delay in the payment of gratuity to the retirees is a rampant cases in most of the third world countries due to bad leadership and greedyness most of the offices are occupied by ghost workers who have not been active to meet up to the needs of the retirees.

My country is definitely one of the countries that failed to pay the retirees gratuity on time. They would not pay this people on time because they are really concerned with their own well-being and how to embezzle public funds.

My country is definitely one of the countries that failed to pay the retirees gratuity on time. They would not pay this people on time because they are really concerned with their own well-being and how to embezzle public funds.
Lolz, Do you even have a PVC ? That is one of the greatest power you will needs to change the country , you just have to vote in people you believe will be able to lead the affair of the country perfectly.

In Nigeria,it depends on the organization,in some organizations your gratuity gets paid as soon as you retire and you're done with your paper work. Which can be about a month or so,while some do last up to a year.
Probably, if you have a lot of connections your gratuity will not take up to six months before it can be paid. if you do not know anyone it can take more than six months. When people are working there are usually some papers in which is given to them for them to sign. If you miss something like that your gratuity can take a lot of time.

We know after retirement their are dividends that comes from it. This one is for those that are bound to receive unending rewards as a privilege for their steadfast working for their beloved country. How long do you think it takes your own country to pay retiree's gratuity??
The government of my country doesn't give regards for retirees,even when there is allocation.This gratuity ends up in a greedy leaders pocket leaving the pensioner to beg and cry or even die while in the process of demanding for their right.

The government of my country doesn't give regards for retirees,even when there is allocation.This gratuity ends up in a greedy leaders pocket leaving the pensioner to beg and cry or even die while in the process of demanding for their right.
That is one of the reason we are advised to have a PVC so as to vote out bad and corrupt leaders. That's our power now. All these things is as a result of a Fail system of government.

may be, As per the rules recorded on the pensioner’s portal of the government, the amount of gratuity at the time of retirement is calculated as follows , if the date of retirement is known, then too, the application can be fees at before 30 days.

That is one of the reason we are advised to have a PVC so as to vote out bad and corrupt leaders. That's our power now. All these things is as a result of a Fail system of government.
You can say that again.From my comment you should know by now I have a PVC,but the rot seems to be no bound.obviously the change we want must start with us,because after voting our choice the people/cabinet members should be of like mind,thats why I said the change should start from us the citizens.

This is something that you do not really have to invest so much time into doing it especially if you're a federal government worker because it has already been put in automatically.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back