What's new

How long does it take your country to pay retirees gratuity??

It suppose to be a thing of joy after retiring knowing that you will get your gratuity which is one of the benefits a retiree should enjoy steadily after retirement, but it is rather unfortunate that it takes longer than necessary for these people to start receiving this benefit. And this is not encouraging at all.

Most of the times, you get to see a lot of retirees who are frustrated and it is usually because of low or no pay. That's why it's good to start a business.

In my country, I can say, it's unpredictable and also depends on the individual connection with top officials of the government at a particular time. some who are lucky enough, and have connections, may takes up to a year and others a life time struggle.

We know after retirement their are dividends that comes from it. This one is for those that are bound to receive unending rewards as a privilege for their steadfast working for their beloved country. How long do you think it takes your own country to pay retiree's gratuity??
It took my aunty four good years to get her gratuity. She retired as a civil servant in ministry of education in Nigeria, according to her they are lots of her colleagues who have not been paid and have died in the process. Very sad.

It took my aunty four good years to get her gratuity. She retired as a civil servant in ministry of education in Nigeria, according to her they are lots of her colleagues who have not been paid and have died in the process. Very sad.
You're aunty is very lucky having received her one time gratuity bonus that is gigantic. It's a pity some of her colleagues during service years didn't receive until their demise.

You're aunty is very lucky having received her one time gratuity bonus that is gigantic. It's a pity some of her colleagues during service years didn't receive until their demise.
It is very pathetic the kind of government we have. That is why sometime I don't blame some of the government workers who collect bribes and engage in corruption to secure their future due to something like this. Very sad.

The payment of retirees in my country, depends on the level of the staff during his work labour and also the level of government of which he works or retired. that is either the federal, state, and the local government. those at the federal government enjoy more considerable level of payment than others level.
Post automatically merged:

Like my country, which is a democratic state and the change of policy is every day, depending on the government in power. some government may make policies which may pay their retirees not more than 2 years for them to have their pension.
Post automatically merged:

Well, sometimes the time period for retirees to have their pension been paid, may takes alot of time, depending on who you have in the government offices and what you can be able to offer in other to have assistance from the officials. most often, it takes 4 to 5 years.

Last edited:
😄😄😄 my country is such a wonderful one. I can't say but with the way things are going, it should be in a very long long time.
They actually pay the gratuity, but then, it may take a year or two depending on certain factors only the government can explain. The good thing is that they certainly pay at the end.

Upon retirement, an employee can draw a lump sum (by whatever name called) from the balance standing to the credit of his/her RSA provided the balance after the withdrawal could provide an annuity or fund monthly payments that would not be less than 50% of his monthly pay as at the date of his retirement.

Federal government workers do not get their pension allowance delayed at all, but when it comes to the state government level, it is going to be a different story entirely.

The government of my country has find it so difficult in meeting up with the prompt payment for the retirees. They are trying the best way to bring fast solutions to it, but the current situation of the country is hard now. But has promised to bring a faster way of solution to it.

Most retired government workers both state and federal government workers almost suffered before they get their entitlement ,they mostly waits for at least two to three years before getting their gratuity.

Most retired government workers both state and federal government workers almost suffered before they get their entitlement ,they mostly waits for at least two to three years before getting their gratuity.
That is why those of us living in such countries ought to always make sure that we are doing something else like business even while working, so that we do not have to rely on the government.

It depends on the company. For government companies, I think it takes up to a couple of months because some paperworks have to be done but for private companies, it doesn't take that long.

Retired people are not well treated in my country especially those who work for state the government and the private entities. Sometimes the government can own them pension forever and this can be very sad as they will have nothing to feed on during their retirement.

Hmmm it takes very long time to pay gratuity in my country .
Though it does not affect everyone because of differenthe sectors , but some pensioners are not even paid at all till their death.

Retired people are not well treated in my country especially those who work for state the government and the private entities. Sometimes the government can own them pension forever and this can be very sad as they will have nothing to feed on during their retirement.
Retired civil servant are the most people suffering in my country , after serving the government for like 35years , they will be telling them to go to one place or the other in other to get their pension and gratuity ready in which i believe they are just wasting their time on purpose, because government has their credentials and everything needed to pay them off but the just couldn't.

@Shigobad2020 Pension scam to me because they are not sustainable. Most of the government's don't want to engage in the payment of pension to those who have retired. If it happens that I am a civil servant, I am going to do my best to start investing while I was still working just to prepare for retirement.

Some people might really stay for a long time without getting their gratuity but mostly it depends on the sectors of the government you were working for that will determine how long some people will stay.. generally it doesn't supposed to be so.. I believe people in the higher position in government are likely to receive it earlier.

Well, the payment of gratuity to the retiers sometimes may takes some couple of years. even though there are some factors which hinder the effectively of payment due to corruption and others.
There are several factors which affect and also enhance the level to which a country pays gratuity to it retirees. Sometimes they economic conditions and the issue of godfatherism matters alot.

Last edited:

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back