What's new

How long does it take your country to pay retirees gratuity??

In my country, it actually depends on where you work, the private or public sector, the private sector pays faster as everything is decentralized and not much people like the public companies.

The time took to pay retired people depends on the country and the position they held before they retired because i know of people that get paid within a year and some after years.

In my country it depends on the tier of government you are working for if it is the state government it takes forever,but if it is the federal government at most 6 to12 months.

In my country , I think you should use your savings and start up a small business for yourself not depending on the government because our government is a big-time disappointment

In my own country retirees that are lucky get their gratuity between 3 to 6 years, it can even be more than that if there's change in power. Those in private sectors get their gratuity in less than 9 months of their retirement. Retirees are really suffering to get the benefits they worked for in years

In my country, it actually depends on where you work, the private or public sector, the private sector pays faster as everything is decentralized and not much people like the public companies.
I think it is the same here that the private sector with a pension are paid quicker. The agency that handles the pension of employees working in private companies is different from the agency that handles the pension of the government employees. But they are practically the same in benefits.

In my Country, some of the workers have to go on protests before they are able to get their gratuities, this is not right, those in charge of such affairs should learn to live up to the task and responsibilities.

In my country retirees that are lucky get their gratuity between 2 to 5 years, it can even be more than that if there's change of government. Those in private sectors get their gratuity in less than 6 months of their retirement. Retirees are really suffering to get the benefits they worked for in years.
Post automatically merged:

In my country retirees that are lucky get their gratuity between 2 to 5 years, it can even be more than that if there's change of government. Those in private sectors get their gratuity in less than 6 months of their retirement. Retirees are really suffering to get the benefits they worked for in years.

Well my dad is a retiree for sometime now and he personally did have issues concerning getting his pension as a retiree so it took him a couple of years to be able to get his payment although he got everything, including those years they failed to pay him

Some country's government are simply late when it comes to paying pensioners their gratuity. For me that's absurd it takes more than expected for those pensioners to see their gratuity.

Gratuity payments in my country different and depend on some number of factors which is mainly dependent on the institution worked, private institutions are known to pay faster on gratuity payment.

Definitely, in my country there is no specified amount of time for retirees to get their gratuities or other benefits because I have someone that have retired over six months now that have not got.

It depends on the system or organization in charge. Over here, those in the private sector are duely paid as at the time when due. But unfortunately, those in the public sector are being owned from year to year without the hope of ever getting paid their gratuity.

The government usually holds the pensioners. This is the reason why so mute no longer want to work for the government because they can see the predicament of the pensioners.

I have not been a retiree, but I have seen many retirees lining up in front of banks, so I believe that it takes a really long time for them to receive pension.

We know after retirement their are dividends that comes from it. This one is for those that are bound to receive unending rewards as a privilege for their steadfast working for their beloved country. How long do you think it takes your own country to pay retiree's gratuity??
In my country, payment of gratuity depends on the state you worked with or ministry, some ministry pay a year after retirement while some takes years before they pay.

In my country, payment of gratuity depends on the state you worked with or ministry, some ministry pay a year after retirement while some takes years before they pay.
In most cases here in Nigeria, they normally take long time before the gratuity comes forth. Pension comes before gratuity.

In most cases here in Nigeria, they normally take long time before the gratuity comes forth. Pension comes before gratuity.
I agree, that was why I said the state and ministry you worked for determines, my mum got her gratuity 12 months after retirement she worked with federal government while her friend who works with state is yet to receive her gratuity till date.

Maybe that delay of pension payment can be attributed to the inefficient system or red tape. Another probable reason is the lack of budget that there is a tranche to be awaited before the new pensions will have a budget for payment. Whatever the reason is the pensioner is at a big disadvantage.

I do see this as a cheat. The government of my country is even guilty of this. They delay and even pay the pensioners a peanut compare to what they collect as pension.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back