What's new

How long does it take your country to pay retirees gratuity??

Yes,I don't like state government work and I pity them a lot because they suffer once they retire. That's why they involve in shady deals when they're still in active service just to make money. It's really bad. We chat on WhatsApp too.
It takes my country less than one year to pay workers all retiree gratuity however gratuity is normally paid by the organisation where the worker works.

Yes,I don't like state government work and I pity them a lot because they suffer once they retire. That's why they involve in shady deals when they're still in active service just to make money. It's really bad. We chat on WhatsApp too.
State government owes their workers during retirement time. They hardly pay retirement bonus on time, but federal tries on their part to make things snappy.

Sometimes it depends on the kind of work the individual did because there are some public services that will not take long in order to pay you your gratuities.

State government owes their workers during retirement time. They hardly pay retirement bonus on time, but federal tries on their part to make things snappy.
Yes,the worst thing to do now is to work for the state government. Everyone is at the mercy of the governor who chooses to pay or not to pay. Their pension funds are even looted by those in power.

Yes,the worst thing to do now is to work for the state government. Everyone is at the mercy of the governor who chooses to pay or not to pay. Their pension funds are even looted by those in power.
I'm not even ready to become a government of our country worker, when they aren't ready to reward hard work with better pay rate.

I'm not even ready to become a government of our country worker, when they aren't ready to reward hard work with better pay rate.
The last time I experienced the work was during my industrial attachment in university days. My experience there made me hate paid employment entirely. I resolved to be self employed no matter what it takes.

The last time I experienced the work was during my industrial attachment in university days. My experience there made me hate paid employment entirely. I resolved to be self employed no matter what it takes.
That's pretty cool that way dear. I am with you cos government here on our country underpay workers that is why it doesn't encourage me seeking their employment unless they resort in rewarding more.

My state is still in the process of clearing benefits of retirees from 2013 and I wonder how long it would take before those retiring newly would get theirs. It is just insane.

That's pretty cool that way dear. I am with you cos government here on our country underpay workers that is why it doesn't encourage me seeking their employment unless they resort in rewarding more.
Working places one under a rule,everything about you us regulated if you're to be part of the company. However self employment gives you the liberty you need and you always be productive.

Working places one under a rule,everything about you us regulated if you're to be part of the company. However self employment gives you the liberty you need and you always be productive.
If you got the chance to be a self employed, even if the government abandon us without a job of your own, you can survive the hardship raising funds through business to survive and carry on.

Infact this question you asked is a very serious issue in Nigeria where I happened to come from. Imagining someone that has served in public sector for 30 years or its equivalent in age retires and now begin to look for pension, it's saddening; they use almost 3 years before they can get it.
I still keep saying it that the retired civil servant are really suffering because after working for at least 30 - 35years and retiring, theynhavebto waut for at least two years before they get their entitlement.

Sometimes it depends on the kind of work the individual did because there are some public services that will not take long in order to pay you your gratuities.
I agree with you, some companies takes longer time to pay gratuity especially government institutions where you will have to follow a lot of protocols before you will get your gratuity.

As long as its happening around my country payments will always be delayed. Be it in private or public working sector, that's how it is.

In my country, retirees ar been paid their gratuities depending on the organization they last worked for. Some takes a minimum of one month and maximum of three months

In India, first of all to be eligible for gratuity contribution by employer, one must complete 5 year of continuous employment with same organization, without any breaks like leave without pay. Then the person gets it on his hand only after retirement or resignation or some other special defined circumstances. It generally takes from a few months to a year, to get it post retirement.

I can only talk about the regional government in my country. It depends on the personality of the person in government. In my state, the governor pays as and when due.

The time to get your gratuity in my country depends on th weather you work with States or federal government because Federal government pay faster than States.

I have seen people making complaints about their retirement payments. Some have led to protest as these governments agencies are denying them their rights. I pity these. It could be up to the minimum wage allowed or more.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back