What's new

How long does it take your country to pay retirees gratuity??

Seriously most of this third world's countries most especially my country Nigeria they have been facing this question as one of the greatest challenges in settling their retire civil servant. some of the civil servant takes them a lifetime before they can be paid or offered and others can not live to enjoy their benefit.
Paying retiree gratuity in the first and second tire country is a piece of cake but not in the case of Nigerian government, retiree suffered a lot of hard process to get the I payment and some even died in the process, my own father succeeded in getting his gratuity after one and a half year.

i believe immediately, what takes time is the process after that, after retiring, there is usually a process and some documents to gather that prove that you are out of service

Can't really say actually I have people in those shoes who have retired for a while now but the poor government policy is actually stalling things for them they have been unable to get it.

It takes more than 10 years for others to see their gratuity. At times, some doesn't get to see it at all. Pension even takes longer than expected talk more of gratuity.
What pains me most is that they have the money at hand to give the retiree but they(some sets of people) will first divert the money into their account, fixing it and allow the retiree to suffer before giving them their money.

What pains me most is that they have the money at hand to give the retiree but they(some sets of people) will first divert the money into their account, fixing it and allow the retiree to suffer before giving them their money.
Are you minding such kind of persons?? They are aren't worth calling leaders, very selfish and prudent. Just caring for themselves alone.

I don't think that people are ready to really sacrifice for the greater good if they were then there should have been another massive protest after the endsars protest where Nigerians were killed.
I believe you've been following updates about the massacre of the police and other Nigerian armed forces of recent?? Did you hear about the recent warfare going at the Eastern part of Nigerian, biafrans and their protest, Bokoharam etc, causing national unrest. Those signs are just beaming for war, don't be surprise that Nigeria might go on another civil war, with all.this atrocities caused by our poor government.
Post automatically merged:

My father have retired since three years ago, they recently paid him pension after spending years before seeing that one. He has not received gratuity yet, that one will take much time to come by.

Last edited:
My parents who retired 6&4 years ago respectively still have a while to wait to be considered getting paid gratuity since the state government where they worked is still handling that of those that retired between 8 and 10 years ago. It is a shame to be honest.

In my home country, not everyone is entitled to retiement gratuity. Only the people working on government owned companies, corporations and government agencies (security forces, community school teachers, etc.)

Wow! That is a very strange arrangement indeed and not very encouraging at all. This is something that need to be paid in the lump sum to enable them start up retirement life with ease
After retirement it take less than one year to pay retiree gratuity in my country,most I'm graduating is a very large sum of money most people use it to start off good businesses.

Here, the retirees are often paid immediately they retire, but it's not the case these days anymore and most people are already going into business before they retire.

My parents who retired 6&4 years ago respectively still have a while to wait to be considered getting paid gratuity since the state government where they worked is still handling that of those that retired between 8 and 10 years ago. It is a shame to be honest.
State government worker retirees are even suffering more than the federal government retiree , at least federal government pays their retired workers within two to four years while state government takes ages.

State government worker retirees are even suffering more than the federal government retiree , at least federal government pays their retired workers within two to four years while state government takes ages.
It is a pity that these benefits take so long and that is why many times they end up not getting them before they die and the family get the entitlement. It would be good if those that did the work are able to enjoy some of it before death.

I have made up my mind that i would not rely on that, because it takes alot of time in most cases. And in some cases they dont even get paid at all. I have seen so many cases whereby they had to wait and wait and even when they pay, its with alot of stress

Some persons it takes ages to come by, why the lucky ones, earns it immediately after seeing their pension. Here in my country, if you don't have long legs you come to struggle in life.

Impressive, but I know these things usually happen. In my country it was also like that until there was a strike of the pensioners, which lasted a long time. In this struggle almost all private companies and governmental institutes joined. Now it is different and for the benefit of the pensioners.
That is how it should be. If people stand up to speak up with one common voice and goal to achieve something, it always works like in the case of the strike by both government and private employees.

That is how it should be. If people stand up to speak up with one common voice and goal to achieve something, it always works like in the case of the strike by both government and private employees.
It is the best weapon the population has to achieve its objectives. They must always be united, otherwise, instead of achieving them, they may be imprisoned for being unruly and not achieve their plans. In this way in my country they have achieved many benefits.

This is what is actually taking place in most of the government agencies that are shouldered with the responsibility of paying civil servants their pensions. This is so terrible to see happening

This question is very emotional to me because it take the government of my country ages to pay retirees their gratuity and pension. Some of the retirees dont even get their entitlements till death, their family members usually continue the appeal for the entitlements.

That's how bad I is here.

That's it, that's greed at the highest level. Those who isn't worthy of an entitlement are just earning entitle of others entitlement through greediness.
That has been going on for a long time. Those workers in the ministry are the ones that feed fat on the pensions of retirees and this is a disheartening development which is supposed to be frowned at by everyone.

That has been going on for a long time. Those workers in the ministry are the ones that feed fat on the pensions of retirees and this is a disheartening development which is supposed to be frowned at by everyone.
I'm already frowned out by such kind of decision the ministry if education is operating. Trying to hold down the retirees pension, but enriching their own pockets.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back