What's new

How long does it take to learn programming on your own?

Vladv26

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Mar 27, 2020
USD
$1.0000USD
Biznotes
I'm planning to start learning programming in the next couple of months. I want to do it by following courses i can find online. Which programs, websites courses would you recommend? And also jow long did it take you to learn programming?

In our time it becomes so easy just look on youtube and you'll find very good videos .but before that It was more difficult to learn because even on youtube you can't find usefull videos ... so if you want to learn you have to try on your own and maybe you'll never learn

Well you have to learn about computers and grip on a keyboard. You can not learn coding until you have a good typing speed. I spend 5 years learning C and C++ before that i was a typist. So its all depends on your hands. Its not hard to learning coding but make your sure you have great grip on your keyboard

It's not necessary , you have to at least check the website for once before declaring it wrong.
Yeah, but what I mean is you need to do some research at first and make a plan. You can't just learn randomly whatever information you find online, you have to take it in order

day by day, little by little, there isn t a point when you learned programming, it is a process that never ends

I'm planning to start learning programming in the next couple of months. I want to do it by following courses i can find online. Which programs, websites courses would you recommend? And also jow long did it take you to learn programming?
If you want to be good enough to make website like thos one, you will need at least 1 year if you are talented and i recommend you using Notepad++ for programing, but if you are unable to even find download file for the program on internet, then you shouldn't probably even try to be programmer

It depends on the programming language you want to learn. Some languages are easy to learn for example JavaScript and c++. On your own it’ll take you atleast 3years to be at professional level

There is no specific time frame for this. It all depends on one's dedication to learning the language. My friends and I used between 6 to 12 months period. Also the type of language is also a factor.

It doesn't require any time frame to make a status of a " software programmer" it requires your willingness, determination to carry on, in your work endeavour, knowing where you're going and what you're looking for.

I recommend jumping straight in yourself , searching for the information makes it stick with you for the long run , receiving it from a tutor/course (mostly in a simplified form) kills the curiosity and the ability to analyze , which is a major part of programming.

To learn basis and declarations of a language like React JS you may need a week to became a beginner developer you need 2 up to 3 weeks, intermediate developer needs 1 month to 3 months of practice and expert developer more than 6 months of developing and reading youtube guides.

Well everyone is different but from experience I'd say learning programming on you own seem to be a difficult task for me.

I have already started it but at some point I seem to relax or let me say loss passion.

Just try out W3schools, an app called sololearn, YouTube videos GitHub and others.

Try to connect with people too.

Learning programming is one of the best thing to do in this digital era.

There are many website your can learn programming from but some are basically theoretical. So u would add up with YouTube video to see the practical of it.

I should advice search for tutorials point on YouTube. They have the best programming materials.

You would need all the necessary machine and tools start learning.

1. You need a PC with 8 gig ram and 500 disk
2. Install Kali Linus or window and use virtual box on it
3. And xamp server for offline test run of some tools.

Start now... Enjoy later.

It varies from person to person. Plus it also depends on if you're someone who learns better by reading guides or if you're a visual learner. If you are someone who does better by reading, I highly suggest checking out sites like Code Academy, or if you're more into wanting to learn php or another language to help set up a website w3schools is a great website that has lots of wonderful guides. If you're a visual learner, it's best to stick with Youtube. I've tried Zenva courses too, they do offer free courses but you have to pay to get a full course though so if you don't want to pay for anything Youtube is the best route to go. Always keep practicing too as you're learning, because if you don't you'll forget the things you've learned over time. Also keep this quote in mind, "Rome wasn't built in a day." You're not going to be able to code a very awesome program/website immediately after you start learning. Keep at it and eventually programming will come natural to you!

To learn programming on your own is very easy and it depends. You can learn through a tutor on YouTube or through a school. We have long and short class depending on your choice.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back