What's new

How long does it take to learn programming on your own?

Learning programming on your own is possible so far you have the resources to work it. But the duration to learn it depends on the pace you are putting into the learning and attention.

Learning to program is a never-ending cycle. I consider myself to be pretty experienced but often come to situations where I have to look up something. Looking up something is not bad, it's doing research and to be a programmer you got to be ready to do research.. Lots and lots of it. I've used sites like Code Academy, FreeCodeCamp, Stack (Throw up), Udemy and YouTube. I've even created my own community to help myself and others learn to code.

It depends upon your dedication that in how much time, you want to learn. You can learn from youtube channels. DigiSkills is also a good platform to leatn these programmings. I have also learned many things through youtube channels.

To learn programming at your own is a boring task because you will be bored if the course are too long and may go to watch TV or a movie while learning. Learn programming with friends will be better because it creates a competitive learning.

Well , why not? Youtube is full of it , multiple websites are there to teach you programming. Try www.w3schools.com .
Even if I watch loads of YouTube videos I don't think I can learn a lot as I will desire. It will be better for me to track down a programmer, one and one to learn everything I need to learn.

I think programming is life long activity and it just can't be done forever when you are going to push it. You have to do regular projects while handling the life and also complete the projects. This is how the programmers should approach because apart from code you also have to learn to deal with the various activities in the business.

It takes quite a while to learn programming on your own. What's most important is the zeal and commitment which you put into learning, because most people don't actually have the passion for it they just do it so either burn time or just for fun.
So if it's something you've always wanted to learn or something you have interest in it will take long but lesser than usual.

I'm planning to start learning programming in the next couple of months. I want to do it by following courses i can find online. Which programs, websites courses would you recommend? And also jow long did it take you to learn programming?
Learning any job is not so difficult if it is learned with good methods and dedication. It seemed difficult to learn programming on your own But nowadays people are taking many courses online which will not be so difficult to learn.

I'm planning to start learning programming in the next couple of months. I want to do it by following courses i can find online. Which programs, websites courses would you recommend? And also jow long did it take you to learn programming?
You can check free courses on youtube. If you have interest in this field then you ll learn this skill very soon. Because our interest in any specific thing gives us success. And if you want to learn for other purpose but don't have much interest then it ll take time.

Some languages can be quite difficult and tedious especially when you are learning by yourself, on the average for a self taught programmer I will say 1year.

Learning on your own will surely take a very very long duration of time or period cause you have to identify your mistake yourself no one to put you through since you are your own teacher but when you master it you are good to go

It depends upon your dedication towards learning.
But don't look upon the period of learning. Always be sincere with what you are learning. How much time it will take, it doesn't matter.
Just focus on your goal & learn.

I must be plain with you here, if you intends learning programming on your own it would take quite a long time than finding someone who already had experience to tutor you. It would be a lot easier to learn it this way without much stress and cracking your brains up as you would find it difficult to understand some YouTube videos and websites teachings, than someone explaining things to you clearly.

depending on which programming language you want to learn, for example python, it will take you less than a month to learn it, times vary from a language to another

You got to be careful and make a plan if you wish to study programming on your own. Because there might also be some wrong information on the internet
Not really, when it comes to coding, there isn't wrong information, there is deprecated info that was once correct and it got updated , and there are different methods to achieve one goal , all you have to do is to jump in yourself and practice, do some projects, one small project each week, and grow bigger from there, you'll see how much improvement you can get by slowly improving.

How long you learn programming on your own depends on you, it depends on the resources you have on ground, it also depends on the time you are going to give learning it and also it depends on how much you will spend when It comes to getting things that would help you in becoming more good at it.

It depends on what aspect of programming you are learning but it will take up to 3 to 6 months to learn on your own. However you can learn faster or slower depend on your rate of focus

How long it will take determine how serious and dedicated you are
You must be determined to regularly visit dedicated learning websites and watch enough tutorial video.

Most coders agree that it takes up to 3 to 6 months to be comfortable with the basics of coding. But you can learn coding faster or slower depending on how fast you can grab

Programming is best learned when taught by someone. Because it is a bit technical or infact it is technical to learn all by yourself. Hence you need the help and assistance of some one who has deeper knowledge than you in the field of programming to guide you through. Learning by your self might take much longer than you might expect. No one is an island all themselves. We need each other to succeed and make progress in our Desired field.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back