What's new

How long do you keep stocks to earn a good profit?

How I wish I know much about stock but I don't know anything about stock so I wouldn't know what to advice if it were to be trading now I would have atleast little to contribute but now all I will do is read comments and learn about stock trading

Depends on how much profit you pre-planned to earn from capital appreciation of the stock and the prospect you envisage for the stock to keep going higher factoring if its a false breakout or a surge in price. The investor should thus be averse with information regarding the stock.

We have shares of stocks of our bank and that bank is also where my wife works. Our stocks have been with us for 3 years and counting that it has gained in value substantially. Now I am thinking of selling the stocks to cash in on the profit but my wife does not want to sell because we still do not need the money. She treats the stocks as not an investment but as a savings that we can use for our investment for a property when we have sufficient funds for it.
This decision is one of the very delicate and important decisions to ever make as a stock trader. You have got to be very careful when holding stocks to avoid too long holding and at the same time you do not have to hold for a very too short time so as not to short flange your own profit. Sell at the time you desire

Depends on the company you invested your stocks with, some companies increase their par value periodically than others thereby increasing the profit of it's shareholders but it might not be like that with some companies

This depends on the growth rate of the stock. For example, I bought a bank stock in 2012 and I noticed it generated very low dividends in the space of 4years. Moreover it’s annual turnover is always degrading. I couldn’t let it stay with me till the following year so I sold it off in 2016.

With my few years of experience, I prefer going for long term because I believe short term is both very risky and would not bring much profit as the long term would. So it's long term for me let's say a day or a week

The best way to benefit from the stock market or by investing in stocks is by buying shares during the IPO stage. When a company opens up to IPO share, you will have a chance of investing in a big company with a little money. Once the IPO closes the share value goes by at least 50 percent. I am saying this from my observation of share market.

We have shares of stocks of our bank and that bank is also where my wife works. Our stocks have been with us for 3 years and counting that it has gained in value substantially. Now I am thinking of selling the stocks to cash in on the profit but my wife does not want to sell because we still do not need the money. She treats the stocks as not an investment but as a savings that we can use for our investment for a property when we have sufficient funds for it.
There is no specific time frame for keeping a stock for the purpose of making returns on investment. The choice lies in the investor to determine if the purpose of investing is short time or long time investment.

In order not make money from the purchase of shares, you have to keep the stock for a long period of time. My dad once bought a stock and left for it for 5yeasr before demanding for this pay. It was worth around $2000 when he got his dividends. So, generally, you have to give it time, to develop.

There is no specific time frame allocated for stocks to be kept but the longer they are kept the better because maturity is a function of time, just like bitcoin that was less than 100 dollars ten years ago and it's now worth tens of thousands of us dollars.

I have kept my stock for only as long as seven months. And I'm not sure when I will withdraw because I am not in a hurry to use it. You wife is right about keeping the stock because it is always a good idea to have something kept for future use, and by the time you would withdraw, it has multiplied well.

Well, In my honest opinion, I think you should invest in stocks. Investing in stocks is one of the most important financial skills you need to master. On average, stocks have given a return of around 10% yearly. At that rate, your money doubles every 7.2 years. That's a rate you would never get with banks

if you're not desperate for money or you do not have anything to do with that money at this particular time you will rather advise you that you just keep the stock for it to appreciate because the more you keep it for a long time the better for you because it keep increasing every day.
Post automatically merged:

if you're not desperate for money or you do not have anything to do with that money at this particular time you will rather advise you that you just keep the stock for it to appreciate because the more you keep it for a long time the better for you because it keep increasing every day.

you can keep stocks to earn a good profit from (CMG) a big market winner after the stock market bottomed in March 2009. After the 2007 to 2008 bear market, the stock bottomed before the market did so in March 2009. The stock later broke out to 52-week highs in January 2010 and ran up 348% before topping in April 2012. It built a series of bases along the way.

At the beginning, aiming and needing quick earnings, I kept my stocks only few days. Swing trade was my purpose. But today I look after dividends. So my current idea is to keep them as long as I receive dividends (in addition to this very important topic: until the company whose stocks I bought stays reliable). Lately, in fact, I mainly chose stocks granting high rate dividends.

If you’re looking into investing in stocks right now, you’re probably wondering how you can best invest in stocks during a pandemic.

Here’s what might surprise you:

The stocks to buy during coronavirus aren’t really that different than the stocks you should buy normally.

But let’s go back to the basics for a second.

Investing in stocks is one of the most important financial skills you need to master. On average, stocks have given an annualized return of around 10%. At that rate, your money doubles every 7.2 years.

Let’s say you start with $10,000. After a 40 year career, that turns into at least $320K from doubling 5 times. That’s from a single $10,000 investment.

I’m going to level with you. You can’t get rich off just your salary. Savings and bonds won’t do it either, the return isn’t high enough to make an impact during your lifetime.

Stocks are the key.

No matter your income, you will get rich off stocks as long as you start investing early, keep investing, and never sell.

Anyone can do this. You don’t need to be a financial wiz, have insider access, or a ton of time. I spend a few hours per YEAR managing my portfolio. Time and consistent contributions will make you a millionaire.

That’s why I have compiled a list of easy things you can start doing from today to make money in stocks.

Seven and half years—
One of the most significant financial skills you need to master is investing in stocks. Stocks have produced an annualized return of about 10 percent on average. At that point, every 7.2 years, your money doubles. Let's say you start at 10,000 dollars.

Having your stock for seven and a half year is a big number and one has to be patient with the activities in the stock exchange market, if they want to leave it for that long. The stock exchange market is a big market and you need to be observant of trends that occur in the market when you are planning to earn profits by investing in stocks.

Keeping stocks for gaining purpose is good but it depend on how you need the money, if you don't need the money right away ,mi will advise tokeep the stock until the price reaches it peak, then sell it and get your money.

Investing in stocks is one of the most important financial skills you need to master. On average, stocks have given an annualized return of around 10%. At that rate, your money doubles every 7.2 years. Let's say you start with $10,000.

How long you keep your stock before selling is totally your perogerative. You can keep it as long as you like. Remember however, that stock can fail in price.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back