What's new

How long do you keep stocks to earn a good profit?

There are types of special holding that must be met for certain types of gains to be favorably taxed by goverment. A dual holding period applies if you have been granted an incentive stock option by your employer and you exercise the option and buy stock. To qualify for full long-term capital gain treatment on the stock you buy, you must hold the stock for at least one year after the shares were transferred to you, and at least two years from the date that the ISO was granted.

It depends on its future potential, but generally you only have to keep it for sometimes you believe will be able to generate you the maximum profit

in whatever investment I am doing now it is mainly for long-term purposes and I won't even consider to sell it out even in two to three years time but Still to hold for more years.

Well, I don't think there is a timeline on it, it could be immediately the stocks hits a new high, you dump it and take your profits. I can't give accurate advice as am not a stockbroker.

Your existing strategy will determine how long you want to keep the share or stock of a company. For instance, if you buy a unit share of a company as $2 and your plan is to sell it off when it reaches $100, you should know that it is going to take you several years before you can decide to sell the share.

Stocks is definitely a good source of income. The question on the period to keep the stocks is dependent on the performance of such stocks. If it's doing well, you may decide to keep it for a long time.

The duration with which a stock would take to amass more value cannot be accurately estimated, so it would be better you articulate if you are planning to do a long term stock investment or you just want to go short , either ways you can still make profit depending on your choices.

Some stocks doesn't take a month to appreciate , I know of Microsoft that appreciate daily or weekly so it's not all about untill you do a long term investment
I think i agree with you on that,because some stock in the market are actually doing good abd by implication would naturally attract investors into buying the stock,and this would go on to increase its value.

One of the most crucial financial skills you should learn is stock investing.
Stocks have historically provided an annualized return of about 10%.
Your money will double every 7.2 years at that rate.
Suppose you begin with $10,000.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back