What's new

How far is your place of business from your home?

As a freelancer, my workplace is my home. I can do my work from anywhere in the world. I only need fast internet and my laptop to do my freelancing projects.

It's about 14 steps from the downstairs up to my room. 😉😁
But as for my other job at the college, I'd say one campus was maybe 15 minutes from my home, and the other campus (which I liked better) is 45 minutes from here. I liked it better because it's located in my old 'hood.
I may go back when I see more students taking on-campus classes. (I check the parking lots from time to time.) 🕵️‍♀️ Right now, many of them seem to still be doing virtual. It might even stay that way, I don't know.

My place of business is my home, but it's a business that's not open to people. But for those of you who are working away from home, how far is it? Is it in driving or even walking distance? Do you like to commute to work if you need to?
My work location is convenient - I don't live far from my job. I can comfortably walk to work, which I find incredibly beneficial. It saves me time, reduces commuting stress, and even adds a bit of exercise to my day. The location and the ability to walk to work are aspects I appreciate about my job.

While some businesses use their residence as their business centre, I would like to argue that most successful businesses are run outside the owner's residence no matter how close or apart.

It's about 14 steps from the downstairs up to my room. 😉😁
But as for my other job at the college, I'd say one campus was maybe 15 minutes from my home, and the other campus (which I liked better) is 45 minutes from here. I liked it better because it's located in my old 'hood.
I may go back when I see more students taking on-campus classes. (I check the parking lots from time to time.) 🕵️‍♀️ Right now, many of them seem to still be doing virtual. It might even stay that way, I don't know.

Well! Your case is similar to that of mine! My room is also located between the ground floor and first floor of my house. So, instead of going downstairs, I have to go upstairs. :) My room is located in a separate location, so no one disturbs me that much when I work.

Well! Your case is similar to that of mine! My room is also located between the ground floor and first floor of my house. So, instead of going downstairs, I have to go upstairs. :) My room is located in a separate location, so no one disturbs me that much when I work.
Same here, my niece's room is across the hall from me, but she's only here once in a while, and then my dad's room is down the hall and he's pretty much set as long as he has his easy chair 💺+ TV and door is always shut, so he's a quiet one... and I guess you could say my only regular visitors are my cats, but even they don't interrupt my work because I've granted them easy access in-and-out of my room. 😜
⏺️⬇️

IMG_20230603_145320047~3.jpg

Same here, my niece's room is across the hall from me, but she's only here once in a while, and then my dad's room is down the hall and he's pretty much set as long as he has his easy chair 💺+ TV and door is always shut, so he's a quiet one... and I guess you could say my only regular visitors are my cats, but even they don't interrupt my work because I've granted them easy access in-and-out of my room. 😜
⏺️⬇️

View attachment 5116

Well, you have a hole in that door, is that for your cats? We also have a cat in our house. However, he rarely visits my room. He mostly roams in the ground floor. I wonder why you have a bad handing on that door. Is there a purpose for that? :)

I run my business from home actually. Saves me the cost of renting a place and I advertise my products online where I can have a wider reach. One can always set up a small space at home to run their business, not having a store shouldn't be a barrier.

My place of business is my home, but it's a business that's not open to people. But for those of you who are working away from home, how far is it? Is it in driving or even walking distance? Do you like to commute to work if you need to?

This is something that everyone have to take very seriously because when it comes to being very far from your place of business in respect to your home it is going to increase the cost of transportation which will directly impact on the amount of expenses that you are running on your business.

Having your place of business close to your home or in your home is good and reduces stress of walking long distances or other means to get to work but nonetheless distance don't really matter as far as your business is located in the right area of gain.

I run my business from home actually. Saves me the cost of renting a place and I advertise my products online where I can have a wider reach. One can always set up a small space at home to run their business, not having a store shouldn't be a barrier.

This is actually one of the reason why a lot of people like to work remotely because it is going to save them the cost of running transportation expenses on daily basis for them to get themselves to their workplaces.

The first business I had was 20 minutes walk from my home. I say walk because I used to walk every day back and forth, I did not have any vehicle back them. My second business was just a couple of blocks away. Currently, I work form home.

This is actually one of the reason why a lot of people like to work remotely because it is going to save them the cost of running transportation expenses on daily basis for them to get themselves to their workplaces.

There are many people who live where they work. For example, many rich households hire drivers for 24 hours. These drivers live in servant quarters in those houses. This means that they do not need to drive for long hours to go to work because they already live where they work.

The first business I had was 20 minutes walk from my home. I say walk because I used to walk every day back and forth, I did not have any vehicle back them. My second business was just a couple of blocks away. Currently, I work form home.

It's always very good to have your work where it's not too far from your home. I hate it when I have to spend too much money on transportation to work. I have made a mistake in the past accepting a job where I was paying too much on transportation.

It's always very good to have your work where it's not too far from your home. I hate it when I have to spend too much money on transportation to work. I have made a mistake in the past accepting a job where I was paying too much on transportation.

Well, this is why there are many people who look for a room for rent, which may be located near their workplace. They look for such places because they may need to save the cost of fuel, as the prices of fuel are increasing and it is becoming a hard thing to afford fuel.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back