What's new

How do you market Old Used Books for Sell?

For the offline mode of selling the books, you can do that through the use of bookshop. There are lot of bookshops that buys old used books from individuals so far the books and the content in it is still very much more relevant to every day use. But for the online sales of used books I don't really know much about that.
I can't really remember the last time I went to a bookstore shop to buy any kind of book. I don't find it realistic anymore because most of the books available in the bookstore can easily be found online, some of which are even free.

For me the best this to do is post it on social media groups where people whose books ethusiast will probably be interested in your stuff. You can also set up a merchant account in online shops such as Amazon. Or if you have a local online shops in your country

I have few books in my shelf which I want to sell. And considering those books are old and used. I am not sure if those books would go for the best price. And so selling them is lot better option. I want to know if I can sell those used books and if so, what should be my mode of action to sell them offline or online.

Do you know how to market those old used books?
There are many places in my city where pay books are sold and I think it should always be priced according to the condition of the books used. Also sold in university colleges and large Facebook groups. You can make a lot of money by selling it there.

For me the best this to do is post it on social media groups where people whose books ethusiast will probably be interested in your stuff. You can also set up a merchant account in online shops such as Amazon. Or if you have a local online shops in your country
If you think selling books on social media platform would be helpful, why not try it out? I don't see any harm in trying, then if it goes well, you can earn money from it. With high number of users of social media accounts, you may get buyers easily.

I had such challenges when I first started working as a freelance writer. I came to understand that without having PayPal account, it would be very difficult to receive your payment from all these online forums. I had to beg an administrator one time if I could use western union to receive payment, it was declined.
Hmm, then how did you manage to own a verified paypal account this day?? Paypal doesn't grant my country usage of access. That has caused me a lot in my online career, other lucrative jobs i ought to apply but not having paypal to receive payment put a stop to them all.

Selling old books in this day a nd age is a herculean task because people all accross the world have poor reading culture so it will be difficult to sell old books. Even new books are difficult to sell. The suggestion offered abobr are negated with this point of mine.

Hmm, then how did you manage to own a verified paypal account this day?? Paypal doesn't grant my country usage of access. That has caused me a lot in my online career, other lucrative jobs i ought to apply but not having paypal to receive payment put a stop to them all.
It's really a long story that will take ages for me to narrate here for you. But I can give you a work around if you want, at least it would help you for the time being till you can be able to get a PayPal account of your own.

I can't really remember the last time I went to a bookstore shop to buy any kind of book. I don't find it realistic anymore because most of the books available in the bookstore can easily be found online, some of which are even free.
For real, you can find anything online nowadays. Just thinking of when i needed something.the first thought that comes to my mind is look for it online. Any books you want to read is available online and you can always find a copy for free. But there still a lot of people who collects physical books and they also looking for them more online.

If you decide to sell the books offline, you can only get people who need it for selling their good to buy them and at a very cheap amount of money but if you list and display it online, you could luckily come across people in need of the books.

In my city, there are several places that buy used books, it depends on the physical condition of the book and its value. There are also sites where people are posted to sell them personally. You can offer them online in facebook groups on university or campus sites.
If you find that the task of selling off your books is too much work, if you don’t think you’re getting enough money back to justify the time, or if you have a book that just won’t sell, remember you can always donate your books!
There are many organizations that are always looking for books, or you can drop off a book in a local Little Free Library. Or, donate your books to prisons. If none of these are an option, we have a few ideas for how to repurpose your used books.

You can head over to eBay, create an account, preferable the seller account and list all your books for sale. The reason is that eBay has wide coverage and one of the largest auction sites on the internet. There is possiblity of sales of you list you old books. Other sites like eBay are Gumtree, Craiglist, Olx etc

For real, you can find anything online nowadays. Just thinking of when i needed something.the first thought that comes to my mind is look for it online. Any books you want to read is available online and you can always find a copy for free. But there still a lot of people who collects physical books and they also looking for them more online.
This is the absolute reality we have today. I came up on an application last two weeks called Light Reader. It has soft copies of all books you could think of. I have a thing for fictional books, and I have finished about 4 books already.

If you find that the task of selling off your books is too much work, if you don’t think you’re getting enough money back to justify the time, or if you have a book that just won’t sell, remember you can always donate your books!
There are many organizations that are always looking for books, or you can drop off a book in a local Little Free Library. Or, donate your books to prisons. If none of these are an option, we have a few ideas for how to repurpose your used books.
I totally agree with you @Rimsha kanwal, in my case there are few books that I have, since I have donated them all, I never sell them. But since the thread refers to the marketing of old books, I gave my opinion on it and the ways that I know of the sales and profits of those books.

I totally agree with you @Rimsha kanwal, in my case there are few books that I have, since I have donated them all, I never sell them. But since the thread refers to the marketing of old books, I gave my opinion on it and the ways that I know of the sales and profits of those books.
Where do one even donate books? The state library or what? I don't think I have ever had the thought of donating my books but rather I can give it away to a friend who I believe reading such books would be of good benefit to him or her.

It's really a long story that will take ages for me to narrate here for you. But I can give you a work around if you want, at least it would help you for the time being till you can be able to get a PayPal account of your own.
I'm interested, wat type of work around you wanna offer me bro? Since I can't lay my hands on paypal I need another alternative to get payment, maybe in the future I can get it, if only Elon musk will authorize the usage of the payment gateway in my country.

I'm interested, wat type of work around you wanna offer me bro? Since I can't lay my hands on paypal I need another alternative to get payment, maybe in the future I can get it, if only Elon musk will authorize the usage of the payment gateway in my country.
I used to have a currency exchanger I got his contact from Nairaland. He was one who provided me with the functional PayPal account I used then to receive my payments from online paying forums. I'm sure he's still in business, maybe I could look for his contact and send you.

I used to have a currency exchanger I got his contact from Nairaland. He was one who provided me with the functional PayPal account I used then to receive my payments from online paying forums. I'm sure he's still in business, maybe I could look for his contact and send you.
Wonderful, I will be more than thrilled if you do that for me. I have been looking for a way to get a verified paypal account to receive payment from those website that in never got the chance to work for, thanks in advance.

Where do one even donate books? The state library or what? I don't think I have ever had the thought of donating my books but rather I can give it away to a friend who I believe reading such books would be of good benefit to him or her.
There are many places where you can donate @Heatman, in my country from time to time there are days where they receive donated books, they can also be donated in the national library or in other university or school libraries. It is also valid as you do, for private people, which is very beneficial.

There are many places where you can donate @Heatman, in my country from time to time there are days where they receive donated books, they can also be donated in the national library or in other university or school libraries. It is also valid as you do, for private people, which is very beneficial.
I'm actually thinking that libraries would have more books that donating books to them won't matter much. It's mostly why I don't fancy giving them books but individuals. My first book I gave to my friend was Think and Grow Rich.

I'm actually thinking that libraries would have more books that donating books to them won't matter much. It's mostly why I don't fancy giving them books but individuals. My first book I gave to my friend was Think and Grow Rich.
Yes of course, as I said it is a very good option, giving books to your friends and knowing that with it you can help them and guide them is plausible. In my comments I also explained that I have done it, I like to help with advice and facts, and the best way to express it is through a good book to the right person.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back