What's new

How do you decide how much to pay for a domain?

marteebee

Reputable
100 Posts Club
Mar 23, 2019
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
When looking at purchasing some domains - either for a small project or flipping purposes - how do you make the decision around how much to actually pay for it? This is assuming you're not buying it off the likes of Namecheap or GoDaddy of course.

What I mean is, how you decide that this particular domain is worth the $X amount you're going to spend? Do you look at traffic stats and take into account it's earnings? Do you focus on the actual 'name' of the domain? Or do you simply look at the database you might get with the domain? How do you decide what makes a domain worth what you're going to pay?

The cost of a domain is dependent on the amount of traffic it can generate the higher thing traffic the higher the cost of the domain

I don't decide how much I will be paying for the domain, it is the domain registrar who will decide how much to charge for the domain. as a customer, I will have to pay any price that is set by the domain registrar

When registering a domain, I always check the renewal cost. Some domains ave the same renewal cost, however, some domains have higher renewal cost. I will make sure, I do not end up paying a lot of money during the renewal.

You made very interesting point, I have also noticed that some domains have higher renewal cost. I think the safest way is to buy a dot com which is one of the cheapest domains

When looking at purchasing some domains - either for a small project or flipping purposes - how do you make the decision around how much to actually pay for it? This is assuming you're not buying it off the likes of Namecheap or GoDaddy of course.

What I mean is, how you decide that this particular domain is worth the $X amount you're going to spend? Do you look at traffic stats and take into account it's earnings? Do you focus on the actual 'name' of the domain? Or do you simply look at the database you might get with the domain? How do you decide what makes a domain worth what you're going to pay?
When am about to buy any domain for my online business,first thing I look into is the way the domain has generate traffic for itself, so that will determine how much I could pay for it, because I won't like to purchase in a high price and couldn't gain any profit at the end.

It depends on how much price is placed on it by the seller and how long it is to be used before renewal. Also the nature of the domain matters a lot as well.

Usually, there is a price tag for domains, so one most times already knows what one would pay after buying domain but if it doesn't come with a price tag then one would do well to ask for the price.

I think registering your own domain cost less compared to buying from auctions or domain marketplace. I also believe that dot com is cheaper than other domain extensions.

The cost of a domain is dependent on the amount of traffic it can generate the higher thing traffic the higher the cost of the domain
I've come to understand that the reason why some people decide to a huge amount in buying a domain differs. Some are buying it to retain their business name and brand while some are buying it because of the domain qualities.

A new domain name that you register is the cheapest. When the domain name is already taken then you have to pay a premium especially if the domain was taken for the purpose of selling later on. It happened to us before when our organization wanted a certain domain name that represents the acronym of our organization. But since the domain name was already taken so we just thought of a similar or variant instead of trying to buy the existing domain. It is not worth the cost to buy, according to our boss.

When buying a domain always look at the domain that suits your niche selection. That willake it easy for visitors to understand what you're focusing on. If it interest them, they'll keep coming and that way, you're building up your traffic high.

I don't think I have to be the one to decide how much the worth of a domain I want to buy is or should be. It is the seller of the domains that place a price tag for which I either pay for the domain or let another buyer who is willing pay for it pay. I only consider buying domains that are nich specific.

In my opinion value is determined in part by the website that it directs to, or is known for. For example, 'forums.com' would be a pretty great domain if you had some kind of forum on the topic of forums or webmasters. Or even if it was a free forum hosting service etc. But unless people are going to it and it ranks well socially (in search) then it's not worth a lot really.

It also depends on length and how easily rememberable it is. A really long domain isn't going to be as lucrative as a really short one.

Most domain is determined by the traffic stats and the the database in it... Domain price varies so the price will determine what you get.
The best way to determine the suitable amount to pay for a do main is to always look for the history of the domain. This sometimes referred to as wasyback. Also ensure that the domain is very short and have quality back links.

Knowing the amount of money that your domain would be what is as a result of a research that you have carried on on the domain name. You have to check out all the similar domain then check out the what of this kind of domains before you can set up the price for your domain name.

Most domain is determined by the traffic stats and the the database in it... Domain price varies so the price will determine what you get.
There are many factors to be considered if you're willing to know how much a domain name worth. You can carry out this on your own on make use of some online tools. Some of the things to look for are; the way back of the domain, the backlinks, the traffic, the length etc.

For me, I put a lot of consideration into how much I should get a gig job done, I like to look out for the price of the job initially, how much the client is willing to pay etc.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back