What's new

How do you deals with failed investment in real estate.

A real estate firm bought about 7 hectares of land in a developing part of the city for housing unit development, due to lack of funds to fully developed the 7 hectares, they decided to develop it in 3 phases.
Now after more than 15 year they could only develop phase one, presently, encroachers have taken over the other part of the land and they are unable to chase them out.
They are now caught between the dilemma of selling the undeveloped part at a very bid down price or continue to deal with the encroachers until when they have money to develop further.
What would your advise be??
A real estate firm bought about 7 hectares of land in a developing part of the city for housing unit development, due to lack of funds to fully developed the 7 hectares, they decided to develop it in 3 phases.
Now after more than 15 year they could only develop phase one, presently, encroachers have taken over the other part of the land and they are unable to chase them out.
They are now caught between the dilemma of selling the undeveloped part at a very bid down price or continue to deal with the encroachers until when they have money to develop further.
If one fails in a real estate business, the only thing he can do is to learn from mistakes made. Before you go into a real estate investment, you should know all it entails to avoid losing.

If i was to be in their shoes, i would sell the underdeveloped part at a low price.
I do not know how well trying to deal with the encroachers would be.
It could lead to a situation where you get to waste more money.

You have a very good and details way in tackling failed business investment, all you need to do is to calm down and go back to the drawing board to know exactly why and how you fail and work on your weakness,
Sit down and go over the investment, check out what made you failed. After you have done that structure ways to fight that challenge of failure the next time it comes. And do start with a small amount of money.

That's not a failed investment but whatever you are facing is due to lack of proper feasibility study and capital plan.
With necessary documents of legal ownership of the land You can fight off the informal settlers.
Also, strategies on how to to get mortgage loan to finance the project and ensure you are comfortable with the amortization period given by the bank.

If one fails in a real estate business, the only thing he can do is to learn from mistakes made. Before you go into a real estate investment, you should know all it entails to avoid losing.
Good advice, this is why people are adviced to always make sure they get the help of an expert to help them out, especially if it's their first time making such investments.

In my opinion, i think he should sell the undeveloped land even if it is at Low price. That's how business is. Sometimes on makes gains and sometimes one loses also.

First and foremost careful consideration should be made, reason why it failed in the first place should be studied so as not make the same again, also one could seek out partners or take out loan after deducting a better plan

Like every other investment that goes bad and real estate investment not excluded what is usually done is to try and salvage the situation by cutting your loss that is putting a stop to loss and exiting such investment by trying to recoup at least your capital even if there is no gain.

I count a failure in an investment as a learning experience. Instead of sitting down and start grieving about the loss, I will look out for the reason why I was unable to make gain with the investment. This will help me to make a better decision in the nearest future concerning the same investments.

Before starting a business one should take into account that the business might fail. If a business failed, the decision lies on the owner to either quit the business or start all over after know what make him failed the first time.

That is the more reason why when a developer who wants to buy a landed property,he should ensure he has the right document for the measure of the land and make sure it is dully registered.

That's not a failed investment but whatever you are facing is due to lack of proper feasibility study and capital plan.
With necessary documents of legal ownership of the land You can fight off the informal settlers.
Also, strategies on how to to get mortgage loan to finance the project and ensure you are comfortable with the amortization period given by the bank.

The tendency of Failure exist in almost all investing uppourtunities .
The way we deal with it affects future investments. But vitally it should serve as a teacher of what not to do and what to do in future investments

In my opinion, delayed revenue may be the cause of failing investments in rural areas.
We just need to wait until the region is developed in order to make more money.

The best solution is to collaborate with another real estate agency or to find angel investors which is easier said than done. This is a horrible predicament, which is why it is important to have a business plan.

Sometimes the best thing that must be done is to have everything settled amicably . Failure in real estate could be as a result of buying a property or some other ones which can easily be settle with proper negotiation.

I count a failure in an investment as a learning experience. Instead of sitting down and start grieving about the loss, I will look out for the reason why I was unable to make gain with the investment. This will help me to make a better decision in the nearest future concerning the same investments.
That is why the experience and mentorship of someone that has been in the sector is very neccessary,because most of the mistakes that you would have make you will have the previledge to lern from an expart.

The property can still be reclaimed as long as you have the valid document to do so. In nowadays someone cannot just take over your property without any permission just like that.

There is nothing you can do except wait for a favorable time so that you can sell off the property and at least get back your investment. Or, if you are still ambitious, you can get new investors and continue to build the property.

Failed investment in real estate can lead to a heavy loss to the owner , and what you be to do is to make sure of knowing the real reason why your investment failed , then look for a better solution .
Failed investment in real estate can lead to a heavy loss to the owner , and what you be to do is to make sure of knowing the real reason why your investment failed , then look for a better solution .
Failed investment in real estate business is very bad because it can lead to a heavy lost of money , all you need to solve this is to know the main reason why the investment fsiled and solve it .

Last edited:

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back