Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
What do you guys do when it comes to spam and bot traffic? Maybe the bots are hijacking the site, spamming comments and so on, or maybe the traffic comes and then goes right away. How do you deal with spam/bot traffic? What measures have you found that have worked for you in the past?

The easiest thing to do is to make sure you have a captcha on the site so the bots aren't as able to easily register. After that you could implement email verification so they have to click a link in an email to actually do anything. I don't think I've ever seen bots get past that. Only human spammers tend to go that far by verifying.

As a last method of defence, whilst it's time consuming, you can also manually moderate content yourself. It's slow but is obviously effective as you decide what you want published.

Spam bot traffic are a nightmare for all sites administrators and for me I feel really annoyed when I see spambot traffic as they tend to hurts website a lot.

What do you guys do when it comes to spam and bot traffic? Maybe the bots are hijacking the site, spamming comments and so on, or maybe the traffic comes and then goes right away. How do you deal with spam/bot traffic? What measures have you found that have worked for you in the past?
Have not come to experience this case wherefore boys hijack the sure or spamming comment. Or probably I haven't noticed such experience.

I don't really have the technical know how on how to deal with bot traffic. But I guess it would rather spam the websites and that's not for the site.

It seems to be annoying When one come across traffic,but seriously I don't know of any way of dealing with traffics,how is that possible,share with us.

How to clean up the data:
  1. Block the spambots: use . htaccess files or plugins.
  2. Check the box in Google Analytics to block known spambots.
  3. Set up filters in Google Analytics so that the false positives don't show if/when they get through.
  4. Some hosting companies offer services to also block malicious traffic

Thanks for the update. The best advice is to have a capcha on the website so that the bot won't easily register and this will inturn help your technical system.
It seems to my babe, buy that's why you need a lot of research.

Using capt ha on the website would help deal with the bot ptobkebs but what about the spammers that aren't bots but just come on the website to leave traffic and go again

I don't use bots to build traffic and I cannot control other people's actions relating to my web traffic, I mean I cannot control spammers even when I use a lot of spam control tools, they will ultimately find ways to spam.

Spam or bot traffic can be dealt with by implementing a number of measures, such as setting up a Captcha system or using a spam filter. Additionally, you can track visitor behaviors and IP addresses to identify suspicious patterns and block them if necessary.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back