What's new

How do you deal with entitled family members?

I think the best way is to let them know that you're bringing your business to family issues but they will always expect something from you maybe free product or a discount
One of the things that any serious business man should have is the grit and though decision abilitywhen it comes to taking some stands,and that is what can keep the business from crumbling to a halt.

What I do basically with an entitled family member is that I try as much as possible to do my best and I wouldn't go out of my way if I noticed that my best isn't enough for him or her.
it is always very important to be very disciplined when you are into any business venture. This includes when it come to your family members and a lot of others. You need to know how to take your stand as a man and like someone have stated.

it is always very important to be very disciplined when you are into any business venture. This includes when it come to your family members and a lot of others. You need to know how to take your stand as a man and like someone have stated.
Discipline needs to be applied to everyone when it comes to business, including family. If this is not done, you may run at the risk of handing out unnecessary favours to people who are close to you.

Discipline needs to be applied to everyone when it comes to business, including family. If this is not done, you may run at the risk of handing out unnecessary favours to people who are close to you.
you have to let your family members know that this is your business and you won't mix your business with familiarity or any kind of friendship. That is what discipline is all about.

Someone I know recently went through some issues with his brother. They both inherited the family business but neither one of them wanted to step aside and let the other run it. My friend, he has no children and his wife has her own hobbies and small business. His brother on the other hand has 4 children and a wife who depends on him completely. He is not a good match to be running a business, not from no experience!

Sometimes it will be very difficult since it is a family member . But in any case you should try as much as possible to help them if you can.
If you help them without them having their their own natural zeal to succeed then you don't have any other problem than to let Them be.

I would usually avoid family businesses. This is because you may not necessarily be the owner just because your family runs the business. This is a lesson that I have learned.

I would usually avoid family businesses. This is because you may not necessarily be the owner just because your family runs the business. This is a lesson that I have learned.
different strokes for different folks. People like you does not like family businesses and there are people that likes it so much. personally, I wouldn't like my family to get involved in my own personal business except I want to employ someone.

Actually family members most often crippled alot of business but to some extent or on some situations, the support and always find a better ways or solutions in solving a family business.

Actually family members most often crippled alot of business but to some extent or on some situations, the support and always find a better ways or solutions in solving a family business.

Many people might have no other option but get into this kind of business due to the fact that the family often pressurises them to get into such kind of business.

This is always a very sensitive scenario. One is often caught in between running a business and helping family members. It is always good to help when you can but do not do it at the cost of ruining your business.

it is not every business that family members has crippled. In such a situation I will simply say that it is the fault of the business owner because he has refused to put the right things in place.

This is always a very sensitive scenario. One is often caught in between running a business and helping family members. It is always good to help when you can but do not do it at the cost of ruining your business.

i think that I shall never involve any kind of family member in my business and this is a very important decision. You have a very sensitive relation with your family members and relatives.

i think that I shall never involve any kind of family member in my business and this is a very important decision. You have a very sensitive relation with your family members and relatives.
I understand your point. This is not really the same thing in all cases. I believe there are people whose businesses have developed due to the assistance received from family members.

I have a friend of mine that was raised financislly by one of his family member , so he normally uses that as an opportunity to help his family members that's in need of help.

Actually dealing with family members comes in different perspectives either in kind or in cash and wethet in good health or in need. there needs are to be meet up with as much as it can be done.

Actually dealing with family members comes in different perspectives either in kind or in cash and wethet in good health or in need. there needs are to be meet up with as much as it can be done.
It's never easy dealing with situations like these. You must always be careful not to cause animosity and breakdown in relationship with the family member while still being straight forward in your business.

Dealing with family members in a business is not that very easy because if not handle with sensitivity, it may end up breaking down a relationship that can never to mend easily.

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back