What's new

How do you deal with entitled family members?

This is just very simple, I have said it many times and I would repeat myself "there is no friend or family in business". You can only offer them a good discounts occasionally but aside that, you treat them like you treat your customers

The best way to handle this kind of case is to let them know that you are not attaching your business with family issues. Don't sell on credit to any family members and set your rules
One must be able to keep business away from family. Giving out free product in the name of family member would only bring the company to loss

This is a very interesting topic because this issue always happen everyday in our business world when family members thinks they are the one that help you with the business, some even pay half while some will refuse to pay , the inky way to handle them is to always tell them this is strictly business.

My family members are very significant to me. I will not like to mix business with pleasure and find a different way of dealing with them amicably.

Anyone that finds himself in this kind of situation should always remember that business and pleasure or family relationships do not mix.
I would state all boundaries clearly if I was in such a situation. Success has so many friends including family too but getting successful isn't the issue but remaining there is.

Well I think in order for them not to take advantage of you I believe you should set a boundary and also the best us actually to avoid then because they always think that they are right

It can be very difficult to deal with entitled family member. This person will only see you are the one who always right. The best thing is to apply emotional intelligence e to do with these people. Avoid something that can bring argument between you people.
This is so true. You have to tread carefully in such sensitive issues to avoid a crack in relationships with relatives in the course of doing business.

Family members are a very important element in our lives. Blood relations are those people who will always be there for you and help you standup when you fall. You share a lot in common with this people. The fact is that you can't dispose of them.
However when it comes to running business, family members can be very annoying. A family member might seek your services and refuse to pay you your dues just because he thinks that him being a family member makes him entitled. They can really cripple you business if care is not taken. On your part you wouldn't want them to think that you're a Bad person by refusing to sell or give them services. This can be a very difficult situation to handle. Have you ever find yourself in such position?
This is very common around here.
Most family members feel so entitled, they feel like you owe them a favour for being your relative and would not want to pay for the services rendered by your business.
It is what many business persons are facing.

Family members are a very important element in our lives. Blood relations are those people who will always be there for you and help you standup when you fall. You share a lot in common with this people. The fact is that you can't dispose of them.
However when it comes to running business, family members can be very annoying. A family member might seek your services and refuse to pay you your dues just because he thinks that him being a family member makes him entitled. They can really cripple you business if care is not taken. On your part you wouldn't want them to think that you're a Bad person by refusing to sell or give them services. This can be a very difficult situation to handle. Have you ever find yourself in such position?
When it comes to business, I am very strict. There are family members who feel so entitled and so they expect you to give them your products at no cost or at a very cheap rate. That's wrong.

Our families are very important to us but when it comes to doing business with them, we really need to set boundaries if not, the business is bound to crash.

Helping family member is good,and its natural,one can't drive away his family member from his side,but I think as business owner you have to set limit when it comes to business.

It is natural for your family to expect free product or services. If my brother has a clothing store, it is very natural for me to expect free T shirt or a huge discount, but I need to show self restrain.
It is not that simple but that is the best thing to do, if you really what that business to survive and grow. Overtime they will get used to it and pay for the product and services. Some business have closed down due to bad debts from family and friends.

If you have understanding family members, there will be no problems. In fact if your family members are good, they will bring a lot of customers for you and even work as unpaid brand ambassadors.

I totally get what you are trying to say. Though I have experience something similar, I find it hard to actually render my services at the normal price I would give to others. I even find hard to ask them for payment in most times as well.

It's not really by force that I have to provide what they need. If that is what they think you just have to let them wallow in their own ignorant because for me I do not have time for all those things.

It is never a good thing to have family members who are entitled to your own hard work because everybody is supposed to work equally for their own. It is very important that you should point out to them the importance of hardwork and how they can be able to make it.

When it comes to business there should be no sentiment involved if you intend to make some profit and also manage your business well. If you are dealing with entitled family members you should always make it clear to them that your business is totally off limits.

As for entitled family members, it is wise to set limits and establish your boundaries. Use soft language to prevent conflicts. Identify the difference between a need and want. Keep your compassion in mind and finally remember, it’s not your job to fix any of your relatives.

I don't like people with the entitlement mentality. But if it's my family member, I can still coup with it. The major thing is that it is never a good idea to have such a bad attitude.

The decision has to come from you , the owner of the business, most of the time business should not be run base on sentiment and family issue because you can run into debt if you keep helping everybody

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back