What's new

How do you deal with entitled family members?

Adam13

Addicted Member
1000 Posts Club
Jan 11, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Family members are a very important element in our lives. Blood relations are those people who will always be there for you and help you standup when you fall. You share a lot in common with this people. The fact is that you can't dispose of them.
However when it comes to running business, family members can be very annoying. A family member might seek your services and refuse to pay you your dues just because he thinks that him being a family member makes him entitled. They can really cripple you business if care is not taken. On your part you wouldn't want them to think that you're a Bad person by refusing to sell or give them services. This can be a very difficult situation to handle. Have you ever find yourself in such position?

It is natural for your family to expect free product or services. If my brother has a clothing store, it is very natural for me to expect free T shirt or a huge discount, but I need to show self restrain.

You as the business owner really need to set your terms. If you really value the capital you used in starting the business you are managing, you won't allow any family members to ruin down your Business for you

The best way to handle this kind of case is to let them know that you are not attaching your business with family issues. Don't sell on credit to any family members and set your rules

I don't even advise my family to patronize my business in the first place because I don't want familiarity to cripple my business, it's only if I so will I can offer a family member a discount

I totally get what you are trying to say. Though I have experience something similar, I find it hard to actually render my services at the normal price I would give to others. I even find hard to ask them for payment in most times as well.

When it comes to business we keep blood aside except it's trade by barta inwhich you do for me and I do for you too in other to avoid our business from crumbling

I think you should place them where they belong. If they are demanding too much than they should, it's best you tell them to their face that they are eating you up.

It depend on the costs of that particular task, especially as manual worker I do their tasks for half prices or 30% off 'cause they are family.

I totally get what you are trying to say. Though I have experience something similar, I find it hard to actually render my services at the normal price I would give to others. I even find hard to ask them for payment in most times as well.
This has been the experience expeciall when it comes to the issue of giving out products or rendering services to familiar persons like family members or close relatives,but they need to be explained to about the issue involved here is business and profit making.

This has been an occasional occurrence in business to me personally I do clarify my family members that as long as I don't use relationships or family entitlement to purchase product not of my family members should feel entitled in my business, family or no family when it comes to business I don't joke

I think when it comes to business we keep family member aside because I don't like running a business with my family member, I like to run business by myself.

This has been the experience expeciall when it comes to the issue of giving out products or rendering services to familiar persons like family members or close relatives,but they need to be explained to about the issue involved here is business and profit making.
You are right though, I know of certain person that don't do business with their family members, they carry their services outside just so they can prevent that over familiarity from happening.

To settle this kind of case you have to know yourself that business is always business and family issues should not be attached to business in any form. you can help them but dont let helping them compromise the business vision because you will definitely fail.

You are right though, I know of certain person that don't do business with their family members, they carry their services outside just so they can prevent that over familiarity from happening.
It is very true,because one of the hallmark that shows your business is actually growing and progressing is not when your product are consume by those who are familiar with you,Getting new customers outside shows progress in your marketing and value you offer.

Family apart, they must be treated seperately, if you are not careful by merging the families issue with the busines definitely the business will collapse ignorantly

Family members are a very important element in our lives. Blood relations are those people who will always be there for you and help you standup when you fall. You share a lot in common with this people. The fact is that you can't dispose of them.
However when it comes to running business, family members can be very annoying. A family member might seek your services and refuse to pay you your dues just because he thinks that him being a family member makes him entitled. They can really cripple you business if care is not taken. On your part you wouldn't want them to think that you're a Bad person by refusing to sell or give them services. This can be a very difficult situation to handle. Have you ever find yourself in such position?
Honestly is very annoying having family members in business they will so frastrate you and some even claim ownership of the business and do whatever they like, the most important thing is look for work them elsewhere because they can run down your business

It can be very difficult to deal with entitled family member. This person will only see you are the one who always right. The best thing is to apply emotional intelligence e to do with these people. Avoid something that can bring argument between you people.

It is very true,because one of the hallmark that shows your business is actually growing and progressing is not when your product are consume by those who are familiar with you,Getting new customers outside shows progress in your marketing and value you offer.
What you just said makes a lot of sense, meaning if my business is only purchased by friends and family around me then there is Notting to be excited about because it's not moving. But once am able reach out to those that are related to me in any way, its a pure sign of growth.

I think that this is a very difficult line when it comes to businesses and how they interact with family is because some of them can take advantage of the business that you are getting into and as a result I think it's important that you set the boundaries from the beginning of your business in order to not create expectations later on.

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back