How can we meaure programming skill?

Sehrish

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
Jan 1, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I'm specially interested on initial programming but until now I only found instruments for advanced programming.

I can't imagine of a system that will allow to measure someone's skills definitely even for a particular programming language. What may you need it for? Data structures and algorithms are common, and it takes half an hour to find the appropriate data structure implementation in the standard libraries (not always true, of course). So if you know what is a linked-list, you will probably use it correctly.

Moreover, criteria depend on the language, and cannot be common. Some programming languages provide more freedom to do everything you want (to shoot yourself in the foot) and some of them set boundaries you cannot go out from. So criteria vary from language to language.

If I need a developer to work on a web-service I want to implement using Java, I will probably hire someone who has built a complex system using django (Python) than someone how knows Java but have no experience on web-services. So here I measure the knowledge in a particular domain, not a programming language, because for this task I consider the domain knowledge more important than the implementation language.

The criteria depends on the language, and cannot be common. Some programming languages provide more freedom to do everything you want (to shoot yourself in the foot) and some of them set boundaries you cannot go out from. So criteria vary from language to language.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back