What's new

How can social media be better utilized to help young people suffering from mental illness?

Henrylaw

Reputable
100 Posts Club
Jan 26, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
With the advent of social media, there have been a lot of promising opportunities especially for young people. Social media is a virtual meeting point for social engagement. Social engagement can help young people to be in contact together and improve positive mental well-being. Loneliness exacerbated by the recent global lockdown due to coronavirus diseases can potentially fuel suicidal thoughts. Social media can be a tool to mitigate the social effects of lockdown. The advantages of social media should be properly utilized to help young people to connect to each and engage in positive interactions.

Last edited:
Yes very fine discussed about getting rid of mental illness person. Yes now social media is filled up a lot of things, like entertainment, a lot of movies dramas, new and innovative movies sports. It is very much perfect place to give satisfaction for persons having depression.

This must be novel cos am reading for the very first time how social media can be used to help persons with mental illness. How this can be deployed in a way to help them is something i will like to get to see.

In this modern era, the important of social media in business can not be emphasized. Literally most of the business activities are done online
When you talk of the promotion of the organizational products, branding process,products research etc.
Social media helps the depress, it also cot-ail crime... there is a saying that says an idle man is a devil workshop.

With the advent of social media, there have been a lot of promising opportunities especially for young people. Social media is a virtual meeting point for social engagement. Social engagement can help young people to be in contact together and improve positive mental well-being. Loneliness exacerbated by the recent global lockdown due to coronavirus diseases can potentially fuel suicidal thoughts. Social media can be a tool to mitigate the social effects of lockdown. The advantages of social media should be properly utilized to help young people to connect to each and engage in positive interactions.
Well, perspectives on how to use social media differs from one another. As a person, 99% of my activities are off social media. I only share what I know won't hurt me quite later in the net. Many a time when I feel like posting a content, the people in my circle make me think twice and my mind changes.

Your points are all valid and true. Social media is a powerful tool to shape the youth of this generation. Definitely young people have learnt so many things they were not being taught in school from their interactions in social media. Young people have learnt so many skills on various social media platforms.

I don't think social media can be utilized to help young people suffering from mental illness, social media are for educated people not for people suffering mental illness

This is a very good idea of turning social media use into a form of helping those young people with mental illness. However, social media has had some bad effects on mental health such as causing people to compare their lives with others and feel like they are left out. I think the first step is to deal with the negative effects that social media has on mental health, then it can now be used to solve other mental illnesses.

Immediately you open a new account on social network,it's always blank,the people you choose to follow or people you feel can influence you matters a lot.

The best way social media can be utilised to help people who are suffering from mental illness true information dispensation if you are able to pass the right message which can assist mental patient then the social media is being utilised towards that purpose.

I don't think social is the right place for this. There are several facilities and home set up for something like this. Social media might even damage them the more

You have special trainers create a special session and times to these kids or young stars with a supervised presence of another individual

The beauty of the social media is that while being alone yet you are not alone,there is this feeling that "if i can just get online and express my thought and what i am passing through help would come by way of advice'and this is what you get when you connect with a community of people on social media.

Every body views and sees the social media differently. Some might have the belief that if properly utilized, it can help quail the suicidal tendencies you just talked about. I also believe it to be true

Social media is a powerful tool which many users don't know. Aside from mental illness,there are people planning on committing suicide as well who can be helped through social media as well

Despite the rising disadvantage social media tends to have in our society it does have some good benefits like getting information across fast, real time learning which is why I think it can help mental illness too, through online learning.

The presence of social media is very important because it helps in divers way especially social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram WhatsApp etc.

I don't think social media can be utilized to help young people suffering from mental illness, social media are for educated people not for people suffering mental illness
This is one of the most interesting perspectives on this subject that I have read. I have found that there is significant overlap between educated people and people who are mentally ill.

Education is what the mind has access to, developing the mind by giving it more information. Mental illnesses are caused by the mind being fed false or misleading information, or being subject to experiences that cause misleading emotions. Psychotherapy is the process of removing false or misleading information from the mind and processing experiences to place them in their proper importance and context, reducing their emotional impact.
This is a very good idea of turning social media use into a form of helping those young people with mental illness. However, social media has had some bad effects on mental health such as causing people to compare their lives with others and feel like they are left out. I think the first step is to deal with the negative effects that social media has on mental health, then it can now be used to solve other mental illnesses.
Social media is a bad tool for processing false mental information and removing it from the mind. Social media is supposed to be a repository for correct and useful information, as is the rest of the information. By encouraging people to post about their mental illnesses or worse, vent them publicly, we are spreading misinformation.

The best method for dealing with mental illness is in smaller private communities where damaging beliefs can be debated in longer form without subjecting the person to public shaming or attracting people with even worse beliefs than the mentally ill person. Art and music can help with the emotional processing portion of mental illness, helping people understand their own experiences through the perspective of empathy.

So basically you need to start an online forum with a front-facing art blog and/or music production in the front of your site. That's basically what Icon For Hire did, only they started with the music business first and built their online community second, in a private Facebook group.

The problem is that you not only need to attract those with a particular mental illness to your forum, but also the mentally healthy to engage in conversation, otherwise debating and talking will not work. You may also want to attract the advice of mental health professionals as well. I'm not sure exactly HOW to pull all of that off, but you may then be able to post the art on social media in order to encourage people to join your forum.

Providing mental health information straight-up and encouraging people to join support groups or seek professional help can also work. That's how HealthyGamerGG operates, and that is run by a trained psychiatrist.

You can create a group or page dedicated to mental health issues and allow members and followers to share their experience. I think social media can help people cope with mental health issues, however, it might not be the best place to get advice.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back