What's new

How can pensioners fight for their rights.

You cannot just fight for your right blindly ,if you have to do is that you must understand your right first as a good citizen of a particular country,as a pensioner if that is your right and you are sure that the government will back you up and you can fight for it.

I dont really know an effective way to go about it, the highest i have seen is a public protest. Or maybe an international legal body should pick up the case, maybe that would make the government move

In a right clime, there is no need of fighting for your pension. The laws are there for you to do the needful. But because of the situation we find ourselves especially in some failed states, we only need human right fingers to do this for us.

There are a lot human rights activists everywhere that they can approach as a group to take a class action to press home their demands in court or some nongovernmental that can also step in for their rights too

It's rather unfortunate that having spent a greater part of your life in public service, you are being deprived of your pension. In my country a lot of the pensioners resort to litigation, to get their money.
Pension house can fight for their rights by having a union, over here in my country pension house to have Union and their voice can be heard through their Union.

Pension house can fight for their rights by having a union, over here in my country pension house to have Union and their voice can be heard through their Union.
Well in my country, litigation is usually the last resort. They have their union, however, there are times where things don't go so well and they resort to litigation.

This might be effective to some level, but in my country, most times the government do not pay attention to these things. As they still end up doing what they feel like doing or in most cases they dont take them seriously.

I have heard about alot of people being deprived of their pension and they never get paid and this has been going on around the world now. How can they fight for their rights.
This happens in a corrupt countries. But then with a good lawyer , people have been able to get their pension back ,even with a penalty attached to it

One ways to fight delayed in getting your pension,is to go through the union of pensioners who will adequately take up the matter and put pressure on the pension board,bt most times they acheive this through protest.

There are legal firms that can take one's case up to help with pension but I have come to know that the government in this country and most people don't like the normal process and bribe goes a long way so you may try that just make sure it's the right person you are connected to.

I dont really know an effective way to go about it, the highest i have seen is a public protest. Or maybe an international legal body should pick up the case, maybe that would make the government move
In the case of my country, it was possible to minimize the wait for pensioner payments, thanks to the constant public protest. After having tried all legal means without results, the elderly, together with the support of family members and unions, took to the streets and obtained positive results.

I have heard about alot of people being deprived of their pension and they never get paid and this has been going on around the world now. How can they fight for their rights.
Pensioners can fight for their right depending on the laws that guide their operations in their countries. In my country pensioners fight for their right when they are being owed by protesting on the streets.

Of course and as it is an acquired right, they should not have to fight for it. But due to the lack of part of the ministries and the government itself, there must be a union of interested people and seek solutions to expedite the payment of the pension. Fight for it and don't let them take away your rights.

If the pension you are talking about is the pension from the government social security system then you cannot fight head on. What you can do is to form a group for that purpose. Here, we have a Facebook Group called Pensioners for added 1k benefit. There is a law that mandates an additional 1,000 pesos to the monthly pension but it is not given last year. The group has thousands of member but I think it needs a million members before our president would entertain the demand.

Most way pensioners makes their complains know to the government is by going on a public protest, that is the highest they can go, sometimes make their complains individually through their pension scheme, when their needs are not met they go no public protest so that the government can see to their needs.

Depending on the country, if the pension comes from social security/government, the way is a Pensioners'Union to protest, collecting signatures, doing the necessary job in order the government to release pensions. More or less what the 3 users above have mentioned. In any way, if social security got totally broken, maybe there is not too much to do.
If the pension is private, for ex. coming from a private contract with a credit society, whose customers paid periodical fees and the credit society refuses to pay the pension when the contract is 100% fulfilled, there could be enough reasons to sue the company.

Depending on the country, if the pension comes from social security/government, the way is a Pensioners'Union to protest, collecting signatures, doing the necessary job in order the government to release pensions. More or less what the 3 users above have mentioned. In any way, if social security got totally broken, maybe there is not too much to do.
If the pension is private, for ex. coming from a private contract with a credit society, whose customers paid periodical fees and the credit society refuses to pay the pension when the contract is 100% fulfilled, there could be enough reasons to sue the company.
You are absolutely right @Pousinha , "the way is a Union of Pensioners to protest" was what was applied in my country with positive results, this in the case of government entities. But very accurate what you describe, in the case of a private company, the solution is the lawsuit.

In the case of my country, it was possible to minimize the wait for pensioner payments, thanks to the constant public protest. After having tried all legal means without results, the elderly, together with the support of family members and unions, took to the streets and obtained positive results.
Wow, in my country i wount even encourage public protest that much unless it is as a last resort. Most times or should i say majority of the times it could get violence. Mostly in this present Government administration, they dont really know how to handle things carefully from what i have noticed. It could lead to something else.

It is rather unfortunate that one will put effort and seriousness working for his or her country, got retired and would not be given his or her entitlement which is pension. I have seen many retirees result to begging on the street because they are not paid. Some govt use to ignore these people completely. And this is not good at all for thsese set of people. So it is good for one to plan about retirement when in service. That is my opinion.

Wow, in my country i wount even encourage public protest that much unless it is as a last resort. Most times or should i say majority of the times it could get violence. Mostly in this present Government administration, they dont really know how to handle things carefully from what i have noticed. It could lead to something else.
What I described in my publication happened years ago and was a constant struggle. Today it is very likely to end in violence as well, since the current rulers have demonstrated it before and do not mind using public force to disintegrate the protest and put an end to it.

Herein my country you don't have such time, cos no one listens to you. Of you carry out such duty you're simply risking yourself for unpleasant things fall on you.

It is quite unfortunate that some governments in some countries do not regard it's pensioners. Every country must see the benefits in cryptocurrencies and of course ruby of them in my future.

As a pensioner it is good to work for your pension at early time before planning to get retire, so that you will not find it difficult to get your pension money.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back