What's new

Hiring someone, and allowing them to live at business a bad idea?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
A friend of mine recently hired someone and is allowing them to live in an apartment above the business. The owner has his own room and this guy will move into the other. He will be taking on his security duties for his business & website, and I guess he has nowhere to go.

So, instead he rented out the other room to him and has hired him to work for his new business. Would you ever do this? I don't think I could, because what if you have to fire the guy? He would be still living there, as you can't outright kick him out after being fired. So you have to evict him and go through that whole process.

Unless you allow him to stay there, but he'd still need to pay for rent.

I personally wouldn't do this myself. What about you?

This is a very tough decision because as much as I would want to help someone out who needs the help and obviously needs not only a job but a roof over their head as well, thoughts like what would happen if I had to fire them would definitely go around in my head. I guess if they were to be let go on good terms this wouldn't be an issue allowing them to stay where they are as long as they understood why I had to let them go and were in agreement. Firing them though is a whole different story and letting them stay after firing them would more than likely cause issues. I guess it would depend on what they were fired for but any kind of firing would have had to be due to a serious offense within the work place.

I think I can do it. If they will be working in my business, then it means that I will cut off some of his salary to pay for accommodation. But then he should know that that is the case. You should also make sure that you sign a legal agreement about it that clearly states that they will not have the privilege of accommodation if they get fired.

There is nothing wrong in this though as long as they are serious in their work. Where i used to work before, there are persons who live in an apartment opposite the office, they work with us and it is actually our boss that pays the rent.

There is nothing wrong in this though as long as they are serious in their work. Where i used to work before, there are persons who live in an apartment opposite the office, they work with us and it is actually our boss that pays the rent.
Yeah, as long as they are doing their job right, I don't see any problem for them living within the business premise. I used to work in a flower farm and there were rooms within the farm where workers would be allowed to live.

Allowing this sort of thing is not really good for your business as there are many dangers associated with this, as the staff might run away with your property over the night.

House rent and transportation consumes a lot of a person's income these days. So it will be best if they can get accommodation near where they work and that is why I can allow my work is to live very close to where we work.

The employer is a good person. Not many people can do that. Also, it also depends on some factors like how familiar you're with such person. I can't hire a stranger and put him in my house.

It is not even wise to hire a stranger for your business as you are putting yourself in so much risk by doing this and it can hurt you, as you stand the risk of been defrauded without any way to fall back.

If I was the business owner, he would be paying for his rent from his salary. I can't give him a free house just like that. He would have to pay something's no matter how small from his salary and I would be deducting it.

If you can afford to provide lodging to your staff, I do not think there is anything wrong with this. This will even allow the staff to continue to work for you for a longer period of time.

This is a very tough decision because as much as I would want to help someone out who needs the help and obviously needs not only a job but a roof over their head as well, thoughts like what would happen if I had to fire them would definitely go around in my head. I guess if they were to be let go on good terms this wouldn't be an issue allowing them to stay where they are as long as they understood why I had to let them go and were in agreement. Firing them though is a whole different story and letting them stay after firing them would more than likely cause issues. I guess it would depend on what they were fired for but any kind of firing would have had to be due to a serious offense within the work place.
This is not a bad thing because there are some jobs that will pay you for your accommodation so I think it is a normal thing to accommodate your workers. It is very cool

i understand that you might have the best of intention but you might be putting your business at greater risk by letting your staff within business premises after the close of work.
If you can afford to provide lodging to your staff, I do not think there is anything wrong with this. This will even allow the staff to continue to work for you for a longer period of time.

You can also concentrate on the positive aspects to allow your staff to stay in your office. You can let them work for extra hours. You might of course have to pay extra, but think about the benefits.

It is not a bad thing to allow a staff live within the premises of the business organization. It helps the staff to always be available when his attention is required, even off duties period.

I think I can do it. If they will be working in my business, then it means that I will cut off some of his salary to pay for accommodation. But then he should know that that is the case. You should also make sure that you sign a legal agreement about it that clearly states that they will not have the privilege of accommodation if they get fired.
Yes, that's absolutely right. Making your employee sign such legal agreement is the best solution to the problem that might happen in the future. Besides that, helping people in need is a good thing if you can afford to do it.

Each and every businesses has their goals and objective to follow and it is crucial for the employees to follow suit. Laying down rules and regulations that would upheld the business policies is extremely critical.

I don't see anything wrong with giving your staff a quarters within the business premises if there is vacancy there. It is especially humane if the Staff came in from another city to take the job.

Well to some extent I think given your employees the opportunity to live at the same apartment with your business is not a bad idea just that alot of people are not trust worthy this days because anything can happen.

Yes definitely it is a bad idea but there can be some exceptions where we can hire a person who will also be a night watchman to safeguard our business site.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back