What's new

Hidden disablities

Deleted member 403

Over the past few decades, society has come to understand disabilities, which aren't visual to the eye. Do you have one of these conditions? How are you affected daily? I have Autism and sometimes struggle with sensory processing.

The Sun-Flower scheme seems to be a good form of awareness.

My wife has schizophrenia and massive mood swings. These are invisible until she acts out. She has to take medication, but a lot of the stuff is beyond science.

I could say what I have is hidden, as I carry myself well with it. I have Ankylosing Spondylitis, and it generally affects my spinal column, and surrounding joints. Most people will see my need to go on walks, as something that I like doing (which I do), but I generally go on walks to help with back mobility. The less I move it around, the more likely I will become permanently disabled by it.

I have struggles with depression and anxiety, and I'm currently taking medication in an attempt to better control it.

It's so very difficult to try and describe the irrationality of it to people, but I'm very open about it and don't feel that I have anything to hide.

I believe God can heal a lot of problems. For instance, with my wife, most of it is the attitude, only a small part is controlled by medication. However, legal and medical authorities disagree - as you'd expect.

Hidden disabilities that people think otherwise. Most people don't know me fully and I think I keep it like that. I have online mates that I game with and for years since I knew them, they do not know my hidden secrets, and end of the day they do not need to know. Hell walking down the street and people just look at things and things are normal. I do have conditions and disabilities but I do not share or say but to the family.

Hell, I had 5 hours of surgery and I have to live throughout my life with that condition, and still not going to be the same. Makes me go mad and crazy every day with this condition

Hidden disabilities that people think otherwise. Most people don't know me fully and I think I keep it like that. I have online mates that I game with and for years since I knew them, they do not know my hidden secrets, and end of the day they do not need to know. Hell walking down the street and people just look at things and things are normal. I do have conditions and disabilities but I do not share or say but to the family.

Hell, I had 5 hours of surgery and I have to live throughout my life with that condition, and still not going to be the same. Makes me go mad and crazy every day with this condition
I think people shouldn't be vocal about disabilities, but they shouldn't be ashamed. People shouldn't be so shallow as to not understand the second part of the first sentence.

Well, being too vocal makes it seem like you want others to pity.

Last edited:
True @jyy but hardest for most, for example, my online mates who I know them for many years have no idea my personal life and they are shocked and won't even think about it. When I'm online its another world and I'm another person, and it's how I like it :) it keeps life out and makes you freer.

I know many that do not talk about work when they are online talking to people online, keep their stressful days out. End of the day some people are happy to share or not to share. I don't pity anyone

True @jyy but hardest for most, for example, my online mates who I know them for many years have no idea my personal life and they are shocked and won't even think about it. When I'm online its another world and I'm another person, and it's how I like it :) it keeps life out and makes you freer.

I know many that do not talk about work when they are online talking to people online, keep their stressful days out. End of the day some people are happy to share or not to share. I don't pity anyone

I wouldn't share personal things of that nature with people in general - only people who are friends that would understand.

There is still a long way to go for society to understand disabilities that are not visible in my opinion. I think a lot of people are still operating under the whole idea of 'medical model of disability' which disables the individual based on their impairment. Instead, we should be looking at how society can disable people, sometimes more so than their physical impairment altogether. To me, it seems like there is more thought, understanding and consideration for those with physical rather than mental or learning difficulties. This is a shame really as their struggles are just as difficult and should be taken as seriously.

Instead, we should be looking at how society can disable people, sometimes more so than their physical impairment altogether.
Yeah, I think they might try to avoid those with disabilities, baby them too much - or be mean to them (a lot of this I think is projection). Well, we need to draw a fine line between babying people and being mean. What is the line? I think certain people would know.

Last edited:
Over the past few decades, society has come to understand disabilities, which aren't visual to the eye. Do you have one of these conditions? How are you affected daily? I have Autism and sometimes struggle with sensory processing.

The Sun-Flower scheme seems to be a good form of awareness.
Check this @Alexander https://mkomissarov.com/en/study/seminar-dlya-vzroslyx-pervii-uroven/ maybe when he is in your country you can do his classes, they are life changing.

I am dyslexic at night and then I might write words incorrectly, and even when I'm speaking I might get confused and say the wrong words, people might laugh at it sometimes but then I will just explain them that it cannot be changed and that's how it is, and that they should respect me as I am because I do the same for them. People may enjoy to bully you or to laugh at you just because they can, but that's not okay and I hope that humanity will understand that one day....

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back