What's new

Having twitch like raids sent to your site?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
So this was an idea I thought would be kind of cool. You know how Twitch and some other streaming sites have a raid option? It's an option to send your audience to another channel when you decide to end your stream. But instead of a live stream, what if we could send that audience to a website at the end of the show? Is something like that possible?

Unfortunately in terms of raiding someone and sending your audience to a website at the end of your live stream is not possible through Twitch, you can only raid other live channels currently on Twitch.

One way to be able to send your audience to a specific website if that is what you want to do is to tell your audience you are raiding but you are raiding a little differently, explain where you will be raiding, and put the URL of the website you wish to send your audience to and allow them to click that and go there themselves if they wish to. Obviously, if it was some kind of site that is against Twitch's Terms of Service the streamer themselves could get into trouble with Twitch but as long as it's all above board, you will be fine.

I can understand why Twitch would only allow someone on their platform to be raided as that prevents any problems that they have no control over if it is away from their platform.

Unfortunately in terms of raiding someone and sending your audience to a website at the end of your live stream is not possible through Twitch, you can only raid other live channels currently on Twitch.

One way to be able to send your audience to a specific website if that is what you want to do is to tell your audience you are raiding but you are raiding a little differently, explain where you will be raiding, and put the URL of the website you wish to send your audience to and allow them to click that and go there themselves if they wish to. Obviously, if it was some kind of site that is against Twitch's Terms of Service the streamer themselves could get into trouble with Twitch but as long as it's all above board, you will be fine.

I can understand why Twitch would only allow someone on their platform to be raided as that prevents any problems that they have no control over if it is away from their platform.
May be you need to buy advertising from advertising space from Twitch so that is how you could send the traffic to your website if I am not wrong.

May be you need to buy advertising from advertising space from Twitch so that is how you could send the traffic to your website if I am not wrong.
I don't believe Twitch offers advertising space for you to purchase so that you can advertise a specific site and get traffic from Twitch to a site. They do have ads on the platform for Twitch accounts that are affiliates and partners but these are usually ads that are placed by Twitch with agreements that they have with other companies.

That is not possible, at least for me. I cannot send traffic to other sites even when I ask my visitors to visit my site. And other sites cannot send traffic to my site even when they recommend it. Traffic is voluntary.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back