What's new

Have you had to fire someone because of their political opinions online?

In as much as everyone has their own political views and affiliations, if you know you are a renowned worker in a renowned organization, you should keep your political views to yourself. Posting it online, you don't know how it would sway the customer base of a business.
Yes, This can not be rightly said enough. Keep your political opinion to yourself especially if you are an employee or your work requires relating with potential customers. If your don't like your job enough, then you can make your political opinion public.

Yes, This can not be rightly said enough. Keep your political opinion to yourself especially if you are an employee or your work requires relating with potential customers. If your don't like your job enough, then you can make your political opinion public.
There is a reason business organizations are apolitical. It is not as if they don't have parties or candidates they support, they keep it in their and do the support thing subtly. Same way employees of business organization, especially big organizations, should be subtle about their political views and opinions.

If I have a company, I would tell my staff that they don't go about announcing their political views online for the sake of the stability of the business. If they breach this rule, I would fire them.

There is a reason business organizations are apolitical. It is not as if they don't have parties or candidates they support, they keep it in their and do the support thing subtly. Same way employees of business organization, especially big organizations, should be subtle about their political views and opinions.
Yes, Truer words can not be said than this. Big organizations have different investors and customers they are dependent on. It would not be nice if they are politically affiliated as this would affect their business.

Yes, Truer words can not be said than this. Big organizations have different investors and customers they are dependent on. It would not be nice if they are politically affiliated as this would affect their business.
Some of the investors are even politicians across different divides. And when you start taking political postures as a business, you jeopardize chances available for your business.

Some of the investors are even politicians across different divides. And when you start taking political postures as a business, you jeopardize chances available for your business.
Yes, That is true..
If you get political as a Business owner whether bug or small, Then expect patronage from only your candidates and their followers.
You don't jeopardize your source of income for politics, except you are one.

Yes, That is true..
If you get political as a Business owner whether bug or small, Then expect patronage from only your candidates and their followers.
You don't jeopardize your source of income for politics, except you are one.
Even the politicians distance their political affiliations from their businesses. A former president in my country has a mega farm but he wants to express his political opinions, he expressly declares that those opinions are his own opinions as a career politician and not that of his business which is an independent entity. That is a politician. What more of an organizational staff? You can't let your political opinions kill my busines.

Even the politicians distance their political affiliations from their businesses. A former president in my country has a mega farm but he wants to express his political opinions, he expressly declares that those opinions are his own opinions as a career politician and not that of his business which is an independent entity. That is a politician. What more of an organizational staff? You can't let your political opinions kill my busines.
Yes, That is a very smart move. His opinions are his only and it does not represent the opinion of the organization.
Some politicians in my country have TV stations, and I noticed that this TV stations try to stay as neutral as possible.

Well, this is because they obviously know for sure that if they associate business and somehow connect it with their business, then their business would suffer a lot.

Yes, That is a very smart move. His opinions are his only and it does not represent the opinion of the organization.
Some politicians in my country have TV stations, and I noticed that this TV stations try to stay as neutral as possible.
The entrepreneur in my country that politicized his TV station killed it and it died a natural death. Business and politics don't marry. That's because government is a continuum.

The entrepreneur in my country that politicized his TV station killed it and it died a natural death. Business and politics don't marry. That's because government is a continuum.
Yes, that is true. As a business owner your loyalty should be to the present Government I think, right?

Your might have different opinions from the present Government, but you can't openly be against them.

Has there ever been a time where you had to fire someone because of their political opinions or whatever they said online? I haven't had to fire anyone myself, but I have stopped working with people I thought were a bit rude and obnoxious. I just never hired them back on to do more work. I usually just hire people to do small contract work, mostly writing and making content. But that's about it. If I find they have a bad view, and I want to move away from that person, I just don't send them further work.
If they are rude to others about their political oplinion and things like that then it's okey to fire them also these peaple who are obssed over politics tend to be more rude so you need to be careful

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back