What's new

Have you had to fire someone because of their political opinions online?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Has there ever been a time where you had to fire someone because of their political opinions or whatever they said online? I haven't had to fire anyone myself, but I have stopped working with people I thought were a bit rude and obnoxious. I just never hired them back on to do more work. I usually just hire people to do small contract work, mostly writing and making content. But that's about it. If I find they have a bad view, and I want to move away from that person, I just don't send them further work.

Has there ever been a time where you had to fire someone because of their political opinions or whatever they said online? I haven't had to fire anyone myself, but I have stopped working with people I thought were a bit rude and obnoxious. I just never hired them back on to do more work. I usually just hire people to do small contract work, mostly writing and making content. But that's about it. If I find they have a bad view, and I want to move away from that person, I just don't send them further work.

It is not a healthy thing to be rude online, especially when you are dealing with the customers. I would not stay in touch with people who are rude to people.

I actually had an experience with a particular guy who I was working with as a partner but along the line he turned out to be someone that is not considerate in what he asks of another person to do. It's why I had to end our working relationship because it is no longer comfortable for me.

Well I think it depends on the platform he used and the motives he used to express his political feelings online.

I think that is a personal idea which is far distinctive from the idea of business.

When it comes to business, I will like business to be done at the best time. I have fired someone because of political opinions.

No not at all,as a matter of fact I don't have anyone working under me, I'm looking for a way to earn a tangible amount of money online, I'm just getting started.

Most people that are working as freelancers online don't really have anyone that is working under them because they are simply operating as their own individual identity when they deliver some tasks that they are hired to deliver for their clients and get paid.

No, there hasn't been a time when i've had to fire someone because of their political opinions or any other thing they said online. I believe everyone is free to voice out their political opinions.

I have never found myself in that kind of scenario before. I respect every person's opinion views regardless of their race, religion, political ideologies among other differences in life.

Politics and work are two different entities and if I have a business I would not want the employees to sit down and be discussing politics. So I can fire anyone that refuses to listen.

I have never found myself in that kind of scenario before. I respect every person's opinion views regardless of their race, religion, political ideologies among other differences in life.

Seriously I believe that it is very important for you to have respect for your fellow workers in any business organisation, this is because it is the only way you people can be able to collaborate and work very well in order to meet the business or company's business goals.

Seriously I believe that it is very important for you to have respect for your fellow workers in any business organisation, this is because it is the only way you people can be able to collaborate and work very well in order to meet the business or company's business goals.

I think that respect is important everywhere. If you do not respect and co-operate with your co-workers, then things could be unmanageable in the end. This is a very important thing all people must understand.

We all have the right to support any political movement or activities as long as this will not lead to riot and violence. I have never in any time been in a situation of dealing with people that have a different political view in this way.
And besides I don't see political point of view being an issue why we shouldn't interrupt or employ people if they aren't causing trouble.

Well it depends on the kind of political opinion he had

Thete are some political opinion that has nothing to do with my business most especially when it those not affected my business both directly and indirectly.

Thete are some political opinion that has nothing to do with my business most especially when it those not affected my business both directly and indirectly.

I also think that it depends. There are many politicians in my country who are really corrupt. The fact of the matter remains that I definitely never support them at all.

Personally, I believe that as long as the political opinion of the individual is not something that affects the person's work output in my business organisation, there is not going to be any reason for me to fire the person from the job.

No, I have not fired a person because of political beliefs. However, I would never hire or tolerate people who follow unacceptable beliefs such as Nazism, white supremacists, etc.

It would not be great at all to work with people who have absurd views or attitudes. It will make it so hard to respect them and treat them the right way. I would fire such a person too.

If their political views are toxic, it would cause a bad PR to your organization. In fact, if you are working for me, let your political views be only to yourself as they might impact negatively on my business reputation.

Everyone has a right to their own political opinions. I can not enforce my own political opinions on you and I also do not expect yours on me. If I should find any one who is toxic with his own political opinions then I would not hesitate in quitting to work with such person.

I heard about a company that did that sometime ago but I don't think it is very reasonable to fire someone because of his political opinion. It looks kind of weird to me.

Everyone has a right to their own political opinions. I can not enforce my own political opinions on you and I also do not expect yours on me. If I should find any one who is toxic with his own political opinions then I would not hesitate in quitting to work with such person.
In as much as everyone has their own political views and affiliations, if you know you are a renowned worker in a renowned organization, you should keep your political views to yourself. Posting it online, you don't know how it would sway the customer base of a business.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back