What's new

Have you had a bad time with a hosting company?

Shortie

Freelance Writer and Video Game Content Creator!
1000 Posts Club
Dec 6, 2022
USD
$6.0500USD
Biznotes
When it comes to starting up a website of any kind whether it be a website, blog or forum we have to look into which hosting would be best for us not just in terms of reliability but also in terms of affordability as well. It's always best to shop around and look at reviews before making a final decision but even when we take these precautions, we sometimes still run into issues with a company that we may use.

I myself had an issue with a company once where they were doing shared hosting which isn't unknown, but they were placing over 300 people on one server and that was leading to slow loading, downtime and other issues. Once I found out that was the case, I moved my hosting to somewhere I knew I wouldn't have the issues. Luckily it was an easy switch over, and I didn't lose too much up time.

Have you ever used a company for hosting who later on you had issues with? What issues were they and did you get them resolved quickly or was it a case of you had to look for another company and move?

The only bad time I had with an hosting company is when I deposit money to hostghetor to renew my hosting plans but seriously they said they never see the payment aside from that I never had any issues with any hosting firm

Yeah, I have a few times. I don't like to throw companies under the bus as things can change and it has been several years. The only one I will continue to call lackluster and having horrific customer service is GoDaddy.

I have never owned a website and so, i have never had any problem with any hosting company. If i were to one a website and i encounter a problem with the hosting company, i guess i would move to another company.

Yes, twice in my life. When i first started out and didn't know much about web hosts, a friend of mine hosted me on his VPS space, but unfortunately his provider was unreliable, so it resulted in a lot of unplanned downtime. We used to call it the "Krahs-Emag Yo-Yo". around his network of sites he hosted as we were all affected. After I got my own hosting, I used hostgator and had nothing but poor expeirences with them, downtime, late responses to tickets if thye responded at all. I cancelled and found HawkHost and i've been with them since.

if you are starting out as a blogger or a website designer, you would definitely encounter problems with your hosting provider except you are fortunate to meet someone that would guide you.

That's why it's good to always buy hosting with reputable registrar. For me, I have not experience issue with my hosting so far I renewed it on time. For the website I planned to create soon, I have decide the registrar I will buy it from.

That's why it's good to always buy hosting with reputable registrar. For me, I have not experience issue with my hosting so far I renewed it on time. For the website I planned to create soon, I have decide the registrar I will buy it from.
this is one of the issues i usually face myself, which is failing to renew my site at when due but the luck i usually get is that my site data always has a backup that is been stored by the hosting company

Hosting a company is not an easy task seriously, and I think it is very difficult for just a single person to Run a company, but mostly it depends, when one has the necessary capital to run everything on his own.

when it comes to hosting from what you said is not all about the hosting but the manpower that is involved as well in order to get things done except you plan on outsourcing them.

There was a particular company that I work through that they just seemed like they did not know what they were doing or what they want. They were always wanting to change hosting service almost every quarter.

I believe that, the decision on changing web hosting provider would have hurt the company a whole lot, as the technicalities involved in changing your host provider without losing your web site data is daunting

I never have had any bad experience with a hosting company., I bought hosting for the first time from namecheap in 2015 and since then I have been with namecheap. I have even purchased hosting from namecheap for my clients.

I have only used a local hosting company, called Qservers. I did not make use of the blog, so I have no experience here. I plan to start a new blog though as soon as possible, so I'm looking for a reputable hosting company.

this is one of the issues i usually face myself, which is failing to renew my site at when due but the luck i usually get is that my site data always has a backup that is been stored by the hosting company
My registrar always sent me a notification when my domain is about to expired. May be you need opt-in to that notification from your registrar. This will help you no to lose your domain.

I would not lie because I have no completed idea of using not to talk of having problem with bad hosting company experience. However there's no how you won't encounter experience but take it with carefulness to avoid bad treatment.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back