What's new

Have you ever taken ideas from another site?

There is a difference between getting inspired and stealing. I copy other works as an inspiration, I don't blatantly copy, I just copy a few things that I can use for my own projects. By the most of the time I work on my own original projects.

There's no how you'll not be running to other site for idea if you're a website owner, especially if you're just starting. Getting ideas from a website is different from copying words. Getting ideas is just like you go to sites that are similar to yours to know how they presented or write about a particular topic to their readers.

Actually ideas are most often shared and transferred from one forum or site to the other depending on those who needed it. I have gotten alot of ideas from forums and site which is currently helping me to develop my own.
I also believe that it is not necessarily wrong for you to get inspiration from the contents in another website provided that you are not going to be copying it word for word and transferring it to your own.

I think it will be difficult for someone here to say he or she has never took any idea,or update from different site. But I think is not suppose for us to take someones idea without his consent. That's plagiarism.

There is a difference between getting inspired and stealing. I copy other works as an inspiration, I don't blatantly copy, I just copy a few things that I can use for my own projects. By the most of the time I work on my own original projects.
this is exactly my own scenario, i usually get inspired and i do not out rightly copy from someone website, as i would not like that if someone copies from my own blog or website.

We are all humans, sometimes we need hints in other to bring our ideas together to achieve a specific goal, I don't see anything bad in taking ideas from a specific website to set your personal website.

We are all humans, sometimes we need hints in other to bring our ideas together to achieve a specific goal, I don't see anything bad in taking ideas from a specific website to set your personal website.
There is nothing wrong in taking ideas from a website but make sure you improve on that idea and not just copy and paste the idea on your own website as that can cause you legal issues

There is nothing wrong in taking ideas from a website but make sure you improve on that idea and not just copy and paste the idea on your own website as that can cause you legal issues
Alright that's very interesting if that's the case, what you're trying to explain is that, you can copy someone's website details. So as to improve your own private website, it will be better.

Sometimes, it's just an inspiration. As long as you don't copy the entire idea or process and then claim it's your own, I think it's all good. There are things though that you shouldn't copy without referencing them like research work.

Alright that's very interesting if that's the case, what you're trying to explain is that, you can copy someone's website details. So as to improve your own private website, it will be better.
I never said you should copy anybody's website or work, what I said is that you can get inspiration from someone works and improved on it rather than copying everything.
I did not say you should copy someone work, what I was trying to say is that you can get inspired from someone's work and make something even better out from that.

Last edited:
Actually ideas are most often shared and transferred from one forum or site to the other depending on those who needed it. I have gotten alot of ideas from forums and site which is currently helping me to develop my own.
Exactly, there's nothing bad in getting ideas from other forum or website. There's actually no blogger or forum owners that can claim not to have gotten ideas from other forum or website.

Yes, I have taken business idea on forums which has helped my financial status as of recent. I have been able to develop myself in writing rather than copying other people's work. I also learn a business idea if doing an exchange of crypto currency for cash.

I like the idea of creativity by making innovative actions based on the ideas I have come across other sites.
Most times I just hybridize various concepts and come up with my own.

I like the idea of creativity by making innovative actions based on the ideas I have come across other sites.
Most times I just hybridize various concepts and come up with my own.

I also prefer creativity. However, I do not think that there should be anything wrong with using other's ideas if you cite them and give them the credit in the best manner.

I also prefer creativity. However, I do not think that there should be anything wrong with using other's ideas if you cite them and give them the credit in the best manner.
Yes, I am a n advocate of referencing. Knowledge grows exponentially if the idea of referencing is incorporated. It is a form of honesty and it helps the person that is being reference gain wider acceptance.

I don't see anything wrong in getting ideas from another website. As long as you don't plagiarize the content as your own then you are free to copy their innovations and remodel it into your own website

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back