What's new

Have you ever taken ideas from another site?

Shortie

Freelance Writer and Video Game Content Creator!
1000 Posts Club
Dec 6, 2022
USD
$6.0500USD
Biznotes
I would be lying if I said I had never maybe stolen one or two cheeky ideas from another site when I have been creating a website. Sometimes you wonder onto a website and you see things and they stick in your mind and you will sometimes without even realizing use these ideas you have seen in your own websites often calling them something different.

Have you ever done this with a website you have created? Seen an idea on another site and without realizing used it on your own website but changed something about it? Do you ever see an issue doing this or do you feel it's okay if you change it up a little bit?

I myself feel that if you take ideas but put your own twist on them it's not really stealing it's just you using some inspiration and then making it your own.

I do this all the time, but it is not for the purpose of stealing their works but I get inspiration from their work and try to create something's that is much better than what is currently obtainable

The main purpose of joining such plartform attached with making money is to getting helpful ideas from posted contents and then making or twisting those ideas in to reality. It's not actually stealing content its ideas actualisation

Yes , pick ideas from external sources is not a bad thing.
It is always good to combine alot of ideas and come up with a novel and hybrid idea. That is creativity

Yes , pick ideas from external sources is not a bad thing.
It is always good to combine alot of ideas and come up with a novel and hybrid idea. That is creativity
The issue I h with this sometimes is that people do not take extra time to improve on your existing idea or what you have created but they do copy and paste which from my perspective is very wrong.

The issue I h with this sometimes is that people do not take extra time to improve on your existing idea or what you have created but they do copy and paste which from my perspective is very wrong.
Definitely, there is difference between plagiarism and creativity.
But the truth is, nothing is new under the sun. You can Merge several concepts and come up with your own

I don't own a website for now but i feel like taking ideas from one or two sites might be something i would do because some sites might have some ideas that one just have to make use of on one's site.

This is actually one of my favourite ways of getting content ideas. You can as well visit the website of your competitors and see what you are doing and compare it with what they are doing and how you can I repurpose it.

I would be lying if I said I had never maybe stolen one or two cheeky ideas from another site when I have been creating a website. Sometimes you wonder onto a website and you see things and they stick in your mind and you will sometimes without even realizing use these ideas you have seen in your own websites often calling them something different.

Have you ever done this with a website you have created? Seen an idea on another site and without realizing used it on your own website but changed something about it? Do you ever see an issue doing this or do you feel it's okay if you change it up a little bit?

I myself feel that if you take ideas but put your own twist on them it's not really stealing it's just you using some inspiration and then making it your own.
To me, education does not end even after getting certified In a specific area. Due to this, I don't cease to learn from other people's work. As a we designer and a content creator, I always look out to create something new and also learn from others.

Actually ideas are most often shared and transferred from one forum or site to the other depending on those who needed it. I have gotten alot of ideas from forums and site which is currently helping me to develop my own.

I won't necessarily call it stealing idea. Because the reason I joined the platform is to get ideas which will be used to develop a reality.
It is only called stealing when the ideas is communicated using the same words.

I do this all the time, but it is not for the purpose of stealing their works but I get inspiration from their work and try to create something's that is much better than what is currently obtainable
This is not a plagiarism in as much as you just use other peoples strategy to end up making your own new strategy, I don't think if this is a bad idea, but rather development.

I tend to take things I like from other websites and put my own twist on them. I do not know if this is necessarily stealing because I looked to them more as a source of inspiration, rather than just simply plagiarizing another person's content

I tend to take things I like from other websites and put my own twist on them. I do not know if this is necessarily stealing because I looked to them more as a source of inspiration, rather than just simply plagiarizing another person's content
as long as you did not copy the content and paste it on your page then i do not see it as plagarism as you are getting inspirations from the various sources you are in.

as long as you did not copy the content and paste it on your page then i do not see it as plagarism as you are getting inspirations from the various sources you are in.
You do have a point. I did not directly copy the content from another source so it is a bit obtuse to suggest that plagiarism is a factor here. However some people may cry foul because they see similar ideas.

You do have a point. I did not directly copy the content from another source so it is a bit obtuse to suggest that plagiarism is a factor here. However some people may cry foul because they see similar ideas.
There is how this plagarism works that I believe it is not fair but what can we do, even if you do not copy from somewhere as long as someone has published it before, it is still considered as plagarism

There is how this plagarism works that I believe it is not fair but what can we do, even if you do not copy from somewhere as long as someone has published it before, it is still considered as plagarism
This is a problem and some people just like to make utterances of plagiarism based in ignorance. I remember someone stated that a forum looked identical to another forum, so it reeked of plagiarism, not knowing that they probably used the same web creation software

Plagiarism is definitely something I am very much against and when it comes to maybe getting inspiration for ideas for a site I have from other sites, it never involves directly copying things from the site and placing them on my site or any other site that I may use. Things like maybe seeing an idea to bring more activity to a forum or blog or even ideas to maybe bring more sales to your business are things I am talking about here in terms of taking ideas from other sites. These are what many have stated, inspiration for your own site and as long as you put your own spin on the ideas I feel that is fair.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back