Heatman

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
40,000 Post Club
Apr 14, 2018
USD
$4.0400USD
Biznotes
Have you ever been put in a situation where you ended up sacking your moderator? I haven't been in that situation before but I have been among a few team where one of the moderator was sacked for overplaying his hands with the mod privilege.

He went to so many users PM to conduct some shady dealing with them in rigging a forum contest. It was found out and he was sacked for it.

I have not sacked a moderator of my website previously but I would not hesitate to do that if the need arises because as the owner of a forum you need to make strong decision for the success of your project.

I have not sacked my moderator since I don't have anyone as of now but a moderator needs to be tested before giving the job and title because I don't believe in sacking and removing when proper thing is already done in the beginning of interviews.

I do not have a lot of staff members on my forums and I have never fired my staff. I do not see why I should fire my staff as I do not have unrealistic expectations from my staff.
Sometimes is not about the kind of expectations you have towards your staff but it can be the behavior of the staff in question as some have bad character and this could be the reason of laying them off

I have not been in a situation where I have had to sack a moderator before on my forum luckily. I only ever hire moderators if I really need them and that is usually if we need more eyes on the forum at times when say me or my co-admin are not online. For the most part, all the staff that I have and have had on current forums and previous forums have been professional and great to work with.

I have not been in a situation where I have had to sack a moderator before on my forum luckily. I only ever hire moderators if I really need them and that is usually if we need more eyes on the forum at times when say me or my co-admin are not online. For the most part, all the staff that I have and have had on current forums and previous forums have been professional and great to work with.
you are very lucky that you found people that are professional and have great work ethics as getting to see this kind of people is usually very hard and you should make proper use of them.

Have you ever been put in a situation where you ended up sacking your moderator? I haven't been in that situation before but I have been among a few team where one of the moderator was sacked for overplaying his hands with the mod privilege.

He went to so many users PM to conduct some shady dealing with them in rigging a forum contest. It was found out and he was sacked for it.

I believe that if you are made a moderator, then you must know and understand your duties well enough and never misuse the powers at all. Being a moderator is a huge responsibility.

If a moderator is not doing his job properly or is found to abuse the privilege he has then he has to be relieved of his duties. Such behavior is harmful to your forum.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back